1. Android
  2. iOS
Good morning,

System:

- Gigabyte GA-H170N-WIFI-rev-10
- 16 GB Corsair Vengeance
- Integrated Intel HD 530
- Wireless Card Broadcom BCM94352Z

The problem started occurring after installing the wireless card, following this guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-el-capitan-on-the-skylake-h170n-wifi.178197/ installing the 4 required kext.

*Note: Wifi does not work, Bluetooth works fine now

Issue: After adding the m.2 chip my machine automatically reboots after shutdown. IOReg attached

Appreciate any help :)

Attachments

• Sebastian’s iMac.ioreg
    5.6 MB · Views: 90
I tried the shutdown fix, but it did not solve it

solved it with

<key>HaltEnabler</key>
</true>

resolved :)

Where was this value in the confg.plist? was it already there and set to </false> or did you have to add it, and if so what section?

I would like to bump this thread, as just upgraded my 6700K build to Sierra but am now finding this issue has returned - even already having the shutdown fix option selected in Clover due to needing it with my El Cap install.

I can trace my issue back to when I started using an Anker USB 3.1 Type-C PCIE card; once I have a drive plugged in and shutdown, the issue starts occurring.

From there I will have repeating restarts until I switch off the actual power supply and make sure I have no drive plugged into the USB 3.1 Type-C port.

UPADTE: So yep, after more testing I'm sure It's caused by a drive if plugged into USB 3.1 Type-C at time of shutdown.. however, if I unplug the drive prior to shutting down then I'm all good... But if I forget to unplug the drive - I will get automatic restarts every time moving forward whether or not I have the 3.1 Type-C drive plugged in.

ANOTHER UPDATE:
Looks like I'm getting same speeds on Type-C connection so really no point to using the expansion card - as it definitely appears to be the culprit in this instance.

Last edited:
Where was this value in the confg.plist? was it already there and set to </false> or did you have to add it, and if so what section?

This

I would like to bump this thread, as just upgraded my 6700K build to Sierra but am now finding this issue has returned - even already having the shutdown fix option selected in Clover due to needing it with my El Cap install.

I can trace my issue back to when I started using an Anker USB 3.1 Type-C PCIE card; once I have a drive plugged in and shutdown, the issue starts occurring.

From there I will have repeating restarts until I switch off the actual power supply and make sure I have no drive plugged into the USB 3.1 Type-C port.

UPADTE: So yep, after more testing I'm sure It's caused by a drive if plugged into USB 3.1 Type-C at time of shutdown.. however, if I unplug the drive prior to shutting down then I'm all good... But if I forget to unplug the drive - I will get automatic restarts every time moving forward whether or not I have the 3.1 Type-C drive plugged in.

ANOTHER UPDATE:
Looks like I'm getting same speeds on Type-C connection so really no point to using the expansion card - as it definitely appears to be the culprit in this instance.
I have the same problem! My thread: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-reboot-after-attaching-an-usb-device.221644/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back