Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Audio works... but volume controls don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS P5G41-M LX2/GB
CPU
C2D E8500
Graphics
gtx285 1GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I don't have any trouble hearing the beeps and sounds along with music in iTunes, etc. What is weird is that the volume is either on or off. Now in iTunes, when I move the volume bar in there, it will change. But the master Volume option on the menu bar does nothing. Any suggestions on what to check? I've attempted various Voodoo setups via MB with no luck...

Audio:VIA VT1705 High Definition Audio 6-Channel CODEC

[EDIT] Kext for this attached in post below...

Re: Audio works... but volume controls don't.

So I found a VIAHDAudio.kext file and put it into /Extra/Extensions and ran the KEXT Utility to see if it would work, doesn't seem to have done anything. I still have the VoodooHDA in Preferences, is that still possibly taking precedence?

I found that .kext on InsanelyMac btw.

So I found a different ViaHDA.kext file that I simply needed to drag and drop into Kext Utility and removed the (before installed) VoodooHDA.kext out of /system/library/extensions. Upon reboot, all was working fine with volume controls. I'll attach the .kext to here for help to anyone else.

Attachments

• ViaHDA.kext.zip
    150 KB · Views: 690

Kadin said:
So I found a different ViaHDA.kext file that I simply needed to drag and drop into Kext Utility and removed the (before installed) VoodooHDA.kext out of /system/library/extensions. Upon reboot, all was working fine with volume controls. I'll attach the .kext to here for help to anyone else.

It really works. Thanks

But, now in sound pref I've got only second (Advanced tab). First one is no more exist where you can example modify mic loudness etc...

You have both?

Thanks.
mute and volume controls are working
Worked on VIA VT1708S / Lion 10.7.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back