Motherboard
DELL Inspiron 15 7560 (CLOVER)
CPU
i5-7200U
Graphics
HD 620/GT 940mx
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Audio was working fine with latest AppleALC.kext+CodecCommander.kext+SSDT-ALC256.aml.(alcid=56)
Then after fixing iMessage for some reason it just doesn't work anymore, I have no outputs/inputs. I tried reinstalling kexts, installing/removing fakepciid_hdmiaudio kext but no luck.
Kexts seems to be loaded, alc-layout-id in HDEF shows value "8", maybe there is a problem with the layout-id injection, but I checked older PR files and it seems to be like that even when it was working properly. I tried injecting via boot args (alcid=56) and now have changed the injection to Device/Properties

PR files attached

Attachments

• debug_29105.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 56
Audio was working fine with latest AppleALC.kext+CodecCommander.kext+SSDT-ALC256.aml.(alcid=56)
Then after fixing iMessage for some reason it just doesn't work anymore, I have no outputs/inputs. I tried reinstalling kexts, installing/removing fakepciid_hdmiaudio kext but no luck.
Kexts seems to be loaded, alc-layout-id in HDEF shows value "8", maybe there is a problem with the layout-id injection, but I checked older PR files and it seems to be like that even when it was working properly. I tried injecting via boot args (alcid=56) and now have changed the injection to Device/Properties

PR files attached

Why did you patch with SMBUS fix? It is not applicable to your hardware.

Why did you patch with SMBUS fix? It is not applicable to your hardware.

You mean the DSDT patch, right? To be honest I didn't quite know what I was doing, just followed the patching DSDT/SSDT guide and applied all common patches said to be "commonly needed and that have only a small chance of causing a problem".

Common Patches

Generally, a DSDT patch should only be applied after finding a need for that specific fix. But there are several patches that are commonly needed and that have only a small chance of causing a problem. They are in my laptop repo and are listed here:
"Fix _WAK Arg0 v2"
"HPET Fix"
"SMBUS Fix"
"IRQ Fix"
"RTC Fix"
"OS Check Fix"
"Fix Mutex with non-zero SyncLevel"
"Fix PNOT/PPNT" (use only if you're dropping CPU related SSDTs)
"Add IMEI" (do not use if your DSDT or SSDTs already have IMEI/HECI/MEI device)

Do you suggest I re-extract and re-patch my DSDT then?

Anyway, my problem doesn't seem to be related to that, I just booted on Windows(separate disk) and have no outputs also, I ran diagnostics and seems like my computer can't even beep, speakers must be disconnected/dead.

Last edited:
You mean the DSDT patch, right? To be honest I didn't quite know what I was doing, just followed the patching DSDT/SSDT guide and applied all common patches said to be "commonly needed and that have only a small chance of causing a problem".

Based on real Mac ioreg/ACPI files, SMBUS patch does not apply Haswell and later.

The guide also says to apply patches one at a time and test to see if they solve an actual problem.

Based on real Mac ioreg/ACPI files, SMBUS patch does not apply Haswell and later.

The guide also says to apply patches one at a time and test to see if they solve an actual problem.
Ok, thank you very much for your time and information, I shall repatch my dsdt soon trying to avoid unnecessary patchs.

And since I've found the thread problem to be hardware related I'll mark this as solved and work on that.

Ok, thank you very much for your time and information, I shall repatch my dsdt soon trying to avoid unnecessary patchs.

And since I've found the thread problem to be hardware related I'll mark this as solved and work on that.
Hello, I have the same laptop model with you, dell 7560 i5 7200u, can you please t please file your EFI, thank you very much for this

Do you suggest I re-extract and re-patch my DSDT then?

Anyway, my problem doesn't seem to be related to that, I just booted on Windows(separate disk) and have no outputs also, I ran diagnostics and seems like my computer can't even beep, speakers must be disconnected/dead.
I also have problems like you, can you give me how to fix it? the original sound works, then no, I booted to windows and the speaker also did not work, it died

I also have problems like you, can you give me how to fix it? the original sound works, then no, I booted to windows and the speaker also did not work, it died
Hello, I believe you might have to open your laptop and check the speakers, see if they're properly connected and if they already are, you might have to replace them. But in my case I was very fortunate and they just started working again after a few days.

BTW: My EFI it's on the debug folder in post #1.

Hello, I believe you might have to open your laptop and check the speakers, see if they're properly connected and if they already are, you might have to replace them. But in my case I was very fortunate and they just started working again after a few days.

BTW: My EFI it's on the debug folder in post #1.
I have to remove the battery Cmos, the sound will continue to work, if I sleep and restart the laptop will lose sound so I do not sleep anymore.
thank you so much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back