CPU
i7-8750H/HM370
Graphics
GTX 1050, 1920x1080 + UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
Tried many guides with the same ALC (Realtek ALC 255 & 256) and possible layout IDs. But I can't seem to get my audio working on CFL. Anyone with the same problem?

Attachments

• debug_30779.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 654
Tried many guides with the same ALC (Realtek ALC 255 & 256) and possible layout IDs. But I can't seem to get my audio working on CFL. Anyone with the same problem?

Try with FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext.

Installed them in L/E, but still no 'output - internal speakers' in 'system preferences - sound'

Your kextcache shows no AppleALC.kext installed.
All kexts you need go to /L/E.
And make sure you inject a layout-id appropriate for your codec (eg. one supported by AppleALC with your codec).

Your kextcache shows no AppleALC.kext installed.
All kexts you need go to /L/E.
Fixed AppleALC.kext in the right place.
Injected all the layouts again with plistedit in: Devices -> Audio -> inject.
Booting in between inject.
Injected: layout 3, 11, 13, 17, 18, 27, 28, 56 and 99

Attachments

• debug_12050.zip
    3 MB · Views: 353
Fixed AppleALC.kext in the right place.
Injected all the layouts again with plistedit in: Devices -> Audio -> inject.
Booting in between inject.
Injected: layout 3, 11, 13, 17, 18, 27, 28, 56 and 99

You're not injecting layout-id. You have it commented out in Devices/Properties.
FYI: Devices/Audio/Inject has no effect when there a section for the audio device in Devices/Properties.

You're not injecting layout-id. You have it commented out in Devices/Properties.
FYI: Devices/Audio/Inject has no effect when there a section for the audio device in Devices/Properties.
Ok thanks! What would I have to add/remove in Device/Properties to make Devices/Audio/Inject work?

I have a Lenovo x250 with ALC 3232 that was working with High Sierra but stopped functioning after MOJAVE. Its not listed in AppleALC as a supported codec. How do i determine which layout is compatible?

I have a Lenovo x250 with ALC 3232 that was working with High Sierra but stopped functioning after MOJAVE. Its not listed in AppleALC as a supported codec. How do i determine which layout is compatible?

Get an audio codec dump from Linux so you know the actual audio codec id.

Codec: Realtek ALC3232
Vendor ID: 0x10ec0292
Revision ID: 0x100001
Address: 0

Found codec but no layout ID. Even so I tried applying the latest AppleALC & Lilu kexts but it made no difference

Attachments

• codec_dump1.txt
    10.6 KB · Views: 352
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back