Graphics
HD 4600/GTX 850m(not supported), 1920x1080
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello guys, i am having an Envy 15 q series, i installed el capitan on it but the audio seems not working.
i saw the guide for k/j series of Envy, but seems no luck. i did find the verbit output of the linux alsa codec containing "DevID: 283902608 (0x10ec0290)" which i believe it is ALC290, which is same as the k series patch, so i try to patch with the k series ALC290 patch in the guide. I run the audio patch part, but seems still doesn't work.
In the DPCIManager, there are 2 audio device, 0x80860C0C and 0x80868C20, both with the same sub device 0x103C22A0, which i believe it is related to the HD4600 HDMI audio. and there isn't any Codec Name on the DPCIManager.
I don't know what can i do next to solve the problem. Please help, thanks!

Audio problem on Envy 15 q series

Hello guys, i am having an Envy 15 q series, i installed el capitan on it but the audio seems not working.
i saw the guide for k/j series of Envy, but seems no luck. i did find the verbit output of the linux alsa codec containing "DevID: 283902608 (0x10ec0290)" which i believe it is ALC290, which is same as the k series patch, so i try to patch with the k series ALC290 patch in the guide. I run the audio patch part, but seems still doesn't work.
In the DPCIManager, there are 2 audio device, 0x80860C0C and 0x80868C20, both with the same sub device 0x103C22A0, which i believe it is related to the HD4600 HDMI audio. and there isn't any Codec Name on the DPCIManager.
I don't know what can i do next to solve the problem. Please help, thanks!

See here (recent posts): http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...ell-series-j-k-using-clover-uefi-10-11-a.html

We are working on a repo for the Q-series: https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-Envy-Q-DSDT-Patch

Oh, thank you very much, i might give a try on the Q-series repo!

Keep in mind it is a work in progress. Still work left to do...

i've tried to patch the audio with q-series repo but with no luck, and with the patching, the backlight control was enabled, but no actually change when the indicate brightness level changed.

edited: i found that i can now "control" the sound volume, but actually there is no sound from the mac.

edited 2: i found that there is a error while doing the SSDT patching,
during
Code:
[FONT=Menlo]cd ~/Projects/envy.git[/FONT][FONT=Menlo]./disassemble.sh[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]make patch[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]make[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]make install[/FONT]
when it is compiling the SSDT-3.aml, it gives errors. The compilation completed with 2 Errors and the make exit with error (255, just normal Exit failed i guess).
the compilation error occurs at lines 2708 and 2781, with error 6084 saying that Object does not exist (\_SB.PCI0.IGFX)

edited 3: that's my bad, i thought maybe some patching has been done wrongly and try to patch them again, that cause to those patching errors.

Just a little bit more info, i don't know if it will help you, i found that if i plug in the earphones, there is audio in the earphone, but no sound from the speaker when i unplug the earphone jack, so the audio is now partially working.

Another bug report, after patching, the USB2.0 is not working while 3.0 is working(yes, i haven't typed wrong, 3.0 is working), it is very weird. They all worked before patching. And seems the camera is linked to the USB, so the webcam is not working as well.

i've tried to patch the audio with q-series repo but with no luck, and with the patching, the backlight control was enabled, but no actually change when the indicate brightness level changed.

edited: i found that i can now "control" the sound volume, but actually there is no sound from the mac.

edited 2: i found that there is a error while doing the SSDT patching,
during
Code:
[FONT=Menlo]cd ~/Projects/envy.git[/FONT][FONT=Menlo]./disassemble.sh[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]make patch[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]make[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]make install[/FONT]
when it is compiling the SSDT-3.aml, it gives errors. The compilation completed with 2 Errors and the make exit with error (255, just normal Exit failed i guess).
the compilation error occurs at lines 2708 and 2781, with error 6084 saying that Object does not exist (\_SB.PCI0.IGFX)

edited 3: that's my bad, i thought maybe some patching has been done wrongly and try to patch them again, that cause to those patching errors.

Read guide post #1, "Problem Reporting"

You need to extract ACPI ('make cleanallex', ./disassemble.sh) when booting from USB, prepared per guide.

Another bug report, after patching, the USB2.0 is not working while 3.0 is working(yes, i haven't typed wrong, 3.0 is working), it is very weird. They all worked before patching. And seems the camera is linked to the USB, so the webcam is not working as well.

Read recent posts related to USB in the guide thread.

Read guide post #1, "Problem Reporting"

You need to extract ACPI ('make cleanallex', ./disassemble.sh) when booting from USB, prepared per guide.

The USB is now working, thanks to your reminder for the USB thread.
However, i tried to boot with USB and get the unpatched DSDT & SSDT with disassemble.sh, then boot back into normal clover and try to patch those unpatched DSDT & SSDT, i still get the same errors as before. which mean most probably i didn't successfully patched the DSDT at the very first time. Maybe leading to the problem of backlight not working and maybe the speaker not working as well(audio jack is working). And i discovered another problem, when i plug in/remove the HDMI output, the screen is full of glitch.

Thank you for your help!

Edited: i found that the backlight is now working, so weird, it wasn't working. but the speaker is still not working. But one more thing, the battery percentage is not working too.

Attached: unpatched DSDT & SSDT

Attachments

• unpatched.zip
    64.6 KB · Views: 52
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back