Contribute
Register

[Solved] Audio on HP Compaq 6200 Pro MT PC not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Compaq 6200 Pro MT PC Hewlett-Packard 1497
CPU
Intel Core i7-2600 SOCKET 0, 1 CPU, 4 cores, 8 threads Base clock 3.4 GHz, turbo 3.5 GHz (avg)
Graphics
Nvidia GeForce GT 730 2GB
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,
I have successfully installed macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 on my machine. Everything works perfectly fine except the audio. I tried all the drives from multibeast but it is still not working. I couldnot find the realtek ALC5621 driver in the multibeast. Can you let me know what i can do to make the on motherboard sound card work?

Mobo: HP Compaq 6200 Pro MT PC Hewlett-Packard 1497
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GT 730 2GB
CPU: Intel Core i7-2600 SOCKET 0, 1 CPU, 4 cores, 8 threads Base clock 3.4 GHz, turbo 3.5 GHz (avg)

You will need to manually install VoodooHDA 2.9.0 kext and AppleHDADisabler kext with Kextbeast. Install them to L/E. Reboot and you will have working audio. Find both attached below.

Attachments

• VoodooHDA.kext.zip
    160.2 KB · Views: 204
  • AppleHDADisabler.kext.zip
    9 KB · Views: 193
You will need to manually install VoodooHDA 2.9.0 kext and AppleHDADisabler kext with Kextbeast. Install them to L/E. Reboot and you will have working audio. Find both attached below.

Thanks for the help. Let me try your step as instructed. I will get back to you soon.

Thank you so much! It worked!
Now i have 100% working hackintosh.

Hiyaz!

Would the same process work for same system on El Capitan? Would I use same kexts and install to S/L/E with kextbeast instead of L/E?

Thanks!!!
-Matto

Hiyaz!

Would the same process work for same system on El Capitan? Would I use same kexts and install to S/L/E with kextbeast instead of L/E?

Thanks!!!
-Matto
VoodooHDA will work with El Cap. I would install them to /L/E instead of /S/L/E.

Thank you!! Just to clarify is that only VooDooHDA? Sorry for the redundancy...I'm anal like that.
I got it working like a champ...Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back