Graphics
Onboard
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I am a newbie at attempting this...so please let me know if I am missing any information.

I was able to successfully install and launch Leopard using iBoot. Immediately after doing all the software and user setup, I get into the Leopard home page and the sound works right out of the gate. Yay! I then ran the 10.5.6 combo update and MultiBeast (Choosing the EasyBeast option) and then once I reboot, the sound no longer works. Before, I had the option of choosing SPIDIF, headphones or line out. Now, there are no options.

Do I need to reinstall a kext of some sort? Also, in my attempt to troubleshoot, I formatted and tried again. This time I skipped the 10.5.6 combo update and just ran MultiBeast (again selecting the EasyBeast option). And again, after running MultiBeast, the audio is no longer working.

I am using the audio that is on my Asus P5B Deluxe motherboard. I also have an Audigy 2 ZS audio card, but I read those don't work well, so I'm just attempting with my motherboard's audio.

Re: Audio worked until using MultiBeast

Some additional information...

In further testing, I started from the beginning and installed using iBoot.
Audio worked.
Ran MultiBeast with the easyBeast option and rebooted.
Audio no longer worked.
Ran the 10.5.6 combo update and rebooted (using iBoot to get into the OS).
Audio worked again.
Ran MultiBeast with the easyBeast option and rebooted.
Audio no longer works.

It seems pretty clear that MultiBeast with the easyBeast option is changing something with my audio, but I cannot figure out what it is.

I also tried selecting the option for for Apple HDA 10.6.2 Rollback, but that didn't get the audio back either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back