Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASRock Z77 Extreme4
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
GTX 780
I am confused at how to get audio working in high sierra. I have an Ausus GL551JM laptop and can't seem to figure it out.

What i know is that I have a realtek ALC668 but that's about as far as I've gotten. I've patched my DST, following the laptop guide (Audio Layout 12 and IRQ fix), but I was totally lost after that.

Here is a quote from the guide.

To determine the layout-id used by a particular patched AppleHDA: First you need to know your codec id in decimal (eg. 0x10ec0269 = 283902569). Then look in the Info.plist for AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext (at AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext/Contents/Info.plist), find your codec id under HDAConfigDefault (there may be many entries in a sloppy patched AppleHDA or only one). The LayoutID that matches your codec id is the layout id you need. It is possible that a patched AppleHDA contains more than one layout-id for a given codec. In that case, choose the one you want to use.

The guide doesn't explain how to get my codec ID in decimal...

So, I downloaded an alc668 kext from the net that is for alc668 on a similar laptop and it has very many entries under HDAConfigDefault, as the guide says.

The guide then says the LayoutId that matches my codec id (what is it though?) is the layout id that I need.

That confused me more.

Then it says choose the one i want to use.

The guide ends there...

I don't get it? I've tried for hours to get audio working on my laptop, when everything else seems to work great so far, but Audio is really kicking my butt...

Any help?

I am confused at how to get audio working in high sierra. I have an Ausus GL551JM laptop and can't seem to figure it out.

What i know is that I have a realtek ALC668 but that's about as far as I've gotten. I've patched my DST, following the laptop guide (Audio Layout 12 and IRQ fix), but I was totally lost after that.

Here is a quote from the guide.

To determine the layout-id used by a particular patched AppleHDA: First you need to know your codec id in decimal (eg. 0x10ec0269 = 283902569). Then look in the Info.plist for AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext (at AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext/Contents/Info.plist), find your codec id under HDAConfigDefault (there may be many entries in a sloppy patched AppleHDA or only one). The LayoutID that matches your codec id is the layout id you need. It is possible that a patched AppleHDA contains more than one layout-id for a given codec. In that case, choose the one you want to use.

The guide doesn't explain how to get my codec ID in decimal...

So, I downloaded an alc668 kext from the net that is for alc668 on a similar laptop and it has very many entries under HDAConfigDefault, as the guide says.

The guide then says the LayoutId that matches my codec id (what is it though?) is the layout id that I need.

That confused me more.

Then it says choose the one i want to use.

The guide ends there...

I don't get it? I've tried for hours to get audio working on my laptop, when everything else seems to work great so far, but Audio is really kicking my butt...

Any help?
Did you try Mirone's AppleHDA Patcher?

Sorry, I worded that wrong... What I don't fully understand is how to get my codec ID in hex (or any format for that matter)

Obtain an audio codec dump from Linux.

I finally managed to get something to show in System Report > Audio > Devices and everything "looks" normal as far as volume controls and what not, but there is no sound at all...

Attachments

• ioreg.zip
    578 KB · Views: 55
  • touch.txt.zip
    836 bytes · Views: 48
As per FAQ, you probably need CodecCommander.kext.
Also, please fill out your profile as per FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Wow, that solved it! I swear I tried that originally, but I guess not!

On a side note, I just wanted to personally thank you for the endless time and work you put in here. I don't know how you do it. I've moderated a much smaller forum and it isn't easy. You seem to never sleep and always stay positive even when most people would lose it. So, thank you, for real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back