Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare - Clover
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
I have a similar problem. Created my USB with Unibeast but can make it work. After I choose the installer the Apple logo shows but the it stops with a no sign. Tried running in verbose and I got weird writing. Looks really bad!

I tried Unibeast with different pen drives with same result. I also made sure the macOS installer was full and not corrupted. Can't see where thing went wrong. Help!

Attachments

• 1525027935652629547885.jpg
    1525027935652629547885.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 456
I have a similar problem. Created my USB with Unibeast but can make it work. After I choose the installer the Apple logo shows but the it stops with a no sign. Tried running in verbose and I got weird writing. Looks really bad!

I tried Unibeast with different pen drives with same result. I also made sure the macOS installer was full and not corrupted. Can't see where thing went wrong. Help!
You will get faster response if you start your own New thread rather than tagging along this one with a few bad starts.

Sorry!!

Mobo: Asus Z170 Pro-Gaming/Aura
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4GHz
GPU: Asus Dual Nvidia GTX 1070
please try not to hijack someone else's thread, it can get confusing when someone is trying to help another person

No problem, I apologize. Will create my own thread.
the error you are getting is still waiting for root device

make sure to use a USB2.0 stick, try all USB2.0 ports on your computer, use the ports connected to the motherboard at back of the machine is possible

maybe try another USB2.0 stick

the error you are getting is still waiting for root device

make sure to use a USB2.0 stick, try all USB2.0 ports on your computer, use the ports connected to the motherboard at back of the machine is possible

maybe try another USB2.0 stick

Thanks for the reply feartech!

I tried again using same stick on a usb port in the back of computer. Unfortunately I had exactly the same issue and text turned weird while NO sign appeared. I managed to take a picture of screen just before text went weird, it is attached.

Also tried with a second USB, this is also 2.0. Results were different but not good I am afraid. In this case, the loading stop with a line full of + signs. Again, see picture attached.

Any other ideas?
I truly appreciate your help.

Attachments

• IMG_20180429_214922.jpg
    IMG_20180429_214922.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 341
  • IMG_20180429_215549.jpg
    IMG_20180429_215549.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 341

I tried again using same stick on a usb port in the back of computer. Unfortunately I had exactly the same issue and text turned weird while NO sign appeared. I managed to take a picture of screen just before text went weird, it is attached.

Also tried with a second USB, this is also 2.0. Results were different but not good I am afraid. In this case, the loading stop with a line full of + signs. Again, see picture attached.

Any other ideas?
take a look at this thread:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/success-10-12-4-asus-z170-pro-gaming-i5-6500-970gtx.201607/

may give you an idea of some BIOS settings etc

Any other ideas?
  • Please upload CLOVER from your USB installer as zipped file [for steps you may check this->#4]
  • List your personally set BIOS options for this Boot INCLUDING the USB Controller -related and Graphics related ones or better still upload screen shots from BIOS
  • Please NOTE: your CPU i7-6700K 4GHz provides Intel HD Graphics 530 . This in presence of your PCIE Graphics card Nvidia GTX 1070 without an installed NVIDIA Webdriver, is going to give you another set of crashes even when you fix your USB related crash now.
  • My personal suggestion is to reboot and enter BIOS and change the graphics options from your PCIE to IGFX and select DVMT Pre-allocated Memory of 128M or minimum of 64MB and save and reboot and then when "NO VIDEO Signal" is shown on screen shut down the PC.
    • Remove Power Cable from PSU socket
    • Remove the Monitor connection from the Nvidia PCIE Card.
    • Open the Case
    • Remove the NVIDIA PCIE Card from PCIE Slot carefully with electrostatic precautions.
    • Disconnect any other hard disks or other devices from SATA ports leaving ONLY THE TARGET Hard Disk for macOS High Sierra Installation connected,
    • Disconnect all devices from USB ports except input devices like USB Keyboard, USB Mouse and the USB macOS High Sierra Installer Flash disk.
  • Connect the Monitor to Integrated Intel HD's HDMI port
  • Repower and Reboot
  • Re-enter BIOS and make sure the Graphics options are to use IGFX and the first boot device is your macOS High Sierra UEFI USB installer Flash disk and all other devices in the Boot Options list are DISABLED.
  • Save the BIOS and reboot
  • If you have not already edited your CLOVER/config.plsit to use Intel HD Graphics, please make changes in CBM screen >Options [ this must be repeated on every reboot during installation until hard disk installation, Clover install on hard disk and its config.plist is edited with all of the below temporary edits]
    • Boot Args: -v dart=0 -disablegfxfirmware
    • Graphics Injector->
      • [√]Inject Intel
      • Fake ID =0x59128086
      • *-platform-id=0x59120000
    • Return to CBM screen
    • Boot and take screen shots to upload of any problem verbose boot screens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back