Contribute
Register

[solved] Asus UX330UA dsdt hotpach for battery not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
hy octavian1979, hi have the ux330 too.
can you share your final DSDT/SSDT and your config.plist please.
thanks in advance

What is the exact configuration of your ASUS Zenbook UX330? Mine is an i7 6500U from 6th generation with Intel HD 520 and QHD+ screen, 512Gb m.2 SSD, 8Gb memory and BCM94225HMB wifi.

I didn't really check everything, but you have a very obvious oversight in SSDT-BATT.dsl:
- External OpRegion does not work
- You cannot define duplicate symbols... Field (ECOR,...) is full of duplicates.

Here is a tip from the guide:
- If you can't disassemble your patchmatic -extract output with 'iasl -da -dl *.aml', you made a mistake...

Thank you for pointing that out but I've solved all the problems of my ASUS and have a 99% working configuration for both EL Capitan and Sierra. Still working on getting I2C track pad to work.

What is the exact configuration of your ASUS Zenbook UX330? Mine is an i7 6500U from 6th generation with Intel HD 520 and QHD+ screen, 512Gb m.2 SSD, 8Gb memory and BCM94225HMB wifi.

mine is Asus Zenbook UX330UAK.302, FHD, i5-7200u, intel HD 620, replaced the wifi for the broadcom DW1560 wifi card and was able to install el capitan with everything working exept the trackpad (mine is elan1200).
in sierra my wifi card is not working, i think its a clover Ktext patch for 10.12 that i need to apply.

i really wish that i could have my trackpad working, i´ve tested the voodooi2c ktext and patches but with no luck.

To make wifi work in Sierra you need to and an extra clover kext patch. You can find that on the posts related to Sierra and DW wifi.

I also have ELAN1200 track pad and tested voodooI2C from alexander but got KP. At some point I managed to load the voodooI2C kext with a modification using macforceone (https://github.com/MacForceOne/VoodooI2C) branch of it and without using SSDT hot patching. But I've stopped for the moment due to the fact that lately I had too little time to tinker more with the code.

To make wifi work in Sierra you need to and an extra clover kext patch. You can find that on the posts related to Sierra and DW wifi.

I also have ELAN1200 track pad and tested voodooI2C from alexander but got KP. At some point I managed to load the voodooI2C kext with a modification using macforceone (https://github.com/MacForceOne/VoodooI2C) branch of it and without using SSDT hot patching. But I've stopped for the moment due to the fact that lately I had too little time to tinker more with the code.

yes wifi is easy fix. Keyboard backline do not work. and i had the same KP with the voodooi2c elan1200 ktext branch. if you have any luck in the future please let me know. thanks

I have keyboard backlight and an working ALS using AsusFN kext and an SSDT hot patch (DSDT patch). It works also using FN keys for keyboad and screen. I will upload clover config, SSDT hot patches and the Kexts I use this weekend so you can compare with what you have.

I have keyboard backlight and an working ALS using AsusFN kext and an SSDT hot patch (DSDT patch). It works also using FN keys for keyboad and screen. I will upload clover config, SSDT hot patches and the Kexts I use this weekend so you can compare with what you have.
that will b great, thanks.

hi could you compile it and send it please. thanks in advance

Any chance you could tell us your hot patches and kexts? Thanks!

Sorry for this long delay in responding.
Attached you can find my clover folder.
The screen shot is from my /Library/Extensions and the kexts in there with a small exception (the SteelSeries kext) are the ones from Multibeast.
in the kext archive you can find the kexts that are in my /S/L/E folder.
With this configuration I cant use the touchpad, when waking from sleep I get light to the screen but the image is still blank and from time to time I get the "stop" sign when booting. I did not have time to fix this 3 issues.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3 MB · Views: 124
  • Screen Shot 2017-04-30 at 11.31.13 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-30 at 11.31.13 AM.png
    39.7 KB · Views: 102
  • kexts.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 129
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back