Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Asus Prime Z370-A, i7 8700K, AMD 5700XT - kernel panic while installing

Motherboard
Asus PRIME Z370-A
CPU
i7 8700K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
I can't get my system to install Ventura. Same PC boots BigSur no problem.

I have created configuration from scratch as I always do, using OpenCore Install Guide from dortania.

I have used ACPI .aml's created myself as well as generic ones downloaded from github (these linked in Guide) that doesn't seem to make any difference.

That's the error I get. I was trying also MMIO whitelisting, but that did not help either.
forum-kernel_panic.jpg

Logs attached.

Attachments

• config.plist
    31.3 KB · Views: 46
  • opencore-2022-10-27-062928.txt
    256 KB · Views: 49
I got it working eventually.

What's not visible on the screenshot is error above:
Code:
Fault CR2

I got it fixed by changing EnableWriteUnprotector to True despite OpenCore Guide saying it has to be false.

Ventura is working flawlessly on my setup. Everything works out of the box including:
  • sleep
  • audio
  • airdrop

I can't get my system to install Ventura. Same PC boots BigSur no problem.

I have created configuration from scratch as I always do, using OpenCore Install Guide from dortania.

I have used ACPI .aml's created myself as well as generic ones downloaded from github (these linked in Guide) that doesn't seem to make any difference.

That's the error I get. I was trying also MMIO whitelisting, but that did not help either.
View attachment 557031

Logs attached.
I will try your files as I have the same motherboard.
Do you also use internal Graphics?
I'm on Catalina yet and Internal graphics work fine 4k 60Hz with the Displayport output. I use an adapter to HDMI then.

I will try your files as I have the same motherboard.
Do you also use internal Graphics?
I'm on Catalina yet and Internal graphics work fine 4k 60Hz with the Displayport output. I use an adapter to HDMI then.

I do have internal graphics enabled in UEFI but my main driver is 5700 XT. I've never tested this config on iGPU alone.

Back