1. Centris
  2. iBook
  3. Power Mac
  4. PowerBook
  5. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello all,

I had a working Sierra system and it all went south when I upgraded to High Sierra. The system boots fine with the USB memory stick, but will not boot from the SSD. I've run MultiBeast several times and still not getting past the ACPI errors on boot. I'm running the video from the onboard DVI port and could switch to onboard HDMI if that's a problem.

A picture of the boot errors and config.plist are attached. Thanks for any advice!

Best,

-John

Attachments

• Hackintosh Boot Messages.jpg
    Hackintosh Boot Messages.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 235
  • config.plist
    7.4 KB · Views: 249
  • EFI.zip
    17.2 MB · Views: 83
Hello all,

I had a working Sierra system and it all went south when I upgraded to High Sierra. The system boots fine with the USB memory stick, but will not boot from the SSD. I've run MultiBeast several times and still not getting past the ACPI errors on boot. I'm running the video from the onboard DVI port and could switch to onboard HDMI if that's a problem.

A picture of the boot errors and config.plist are attached. Thanks for any advice!

Best,

-John

• Without knowing the contents of CLOVER/kexts/Other and CLOVER/drivers64UEFI folders interpreting config.plist is difficult. config.plist is a short-hand instruction set of how to use the contents of those folders to boot and reach the destination screen using BIOS Options.
  • I have uploaded screen shots from the CLOVER folder from my GA-Z270X- MoBo and Intel i7 7770K CPU and Intel HD Graphics 630 as an example of what might work in your similar system.
  • Your config.plist does not show [√]InjectIntel . I also noted too many ACPI fixes in your config.plist.

Attachments

• 1.ACPI.png
    1.ACPI.png
    244.4 KB · Views: 294
  • 2.Boot.png
    2.Boot.png
    172.6 KB · Views: 282
  • 1.kexts:Other.png
    1.kexts:Other.png
    27.1 KB · Views: 295
  • 3.Graphics.png
    3.Graphics.png
    155.1 KB · Views: 298
  • 4.Rt-Variables.png
    4.Rt-Variables.png
    135.1 KB · Views: 291
  • 5.SMBIOS.png
    5.SMBIOS.png
    192.9 KB · Views: 286
  • 6.System Parameters.png
    6.System Parameters.png
    117 KB · Views: 262
  • Without knowing the contents of CLOVER/kexts/Other and CLOVER/drivers64UEFI folders interpreting config.plist is difficult. config.plist is a short-hand instruction set of how to use the contents of those folders to boot and reach the destination screen using BIOS Options.
  • I have uploaded screen shots from the CLOVER folder from my GA-Z270X- MoBo and Intel i7 7770K CPU and Intel HD Graphics 630 as an example of what might work in your similar system.
  • Your config.plist does not show [√]InjectIntel . I also noted too many ACPI fixes in your config.plist.

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll take a look later on to see what might work. I'll upload my CLOVER/kexts/Other and CLOVER/drivers64UEFI folders when I respond.

OK, I just have time to upload the EFI folder to my original post. If you have time, can you take a look and provide your thoughts? Thanks!

OK, I just have time to upload the EFI folder to my original post. If you have time, can you take a look and provide your thoughts? Thanks!
  • I have edited as I think fit for you to try .
  • Uploading edited images

Attachments

• 2.:CLOVER:kexts:Other.png
    2.:CLOVER:kexts:Other.png
    35.2 KB · Views: 338
  • 1.:CLOVER:drivers64UEFI.png
    1.:CLOVER:drivers64UEFI.png
    34.8 KB · Views: 392
  • 3.ACPI_Fixes.png
    3.ACPI_Fixes.png
    276 KB · Views: 384
  • 4.ACPI-2.png
    4.ACPI-2.png
    327 KB · Views: 377
  • 5.Boot.png
    5.Boot.png
    170.7 KB · Views: 359
  • 6.Devices.png
    6.Devices.png
    151.9 KB · Views: 382
  • 8.Graphics.png
    8.Graphics.png
    129.1 KB · Views: 358
  • 7.Gui.png
    7.Gui.png
    120.6 KB · Views: 351
  • 9.Kernel&Kext Patches.png
    9.Kernel&Kext Patches.png
    179 KB · Views: 388
  • 10.Rt Variables CsrActiveConfig.png
    10.Rt Variables CsrActiveConfig.png
    140.6 KB · Views: 379
  • 11.SMBIOS.png
    11.SMBIOS.png
    152.3 KB · Views: 374
  • 12.System Parameters.png
    12.System Parameters.png
    123.1 KB · Views: 304
  • I have edited as I think fit for you to try .
  • Uploading edited images
I had time this evening to make the changes you suggested. Successfully booted into HS, no problems! It even looks like the HD 630 graphics are working properly now. I ran a GeekBench score and it looks good.

I'll poke around some more to ensure everything works and then I'll re-install my server ethernet and RAID cards and install MacOS Server again.

Thanks for your incredible help!

-John

I had time this evening to make the changes you suggested. Successfully booted into HS, no problems! It even looks like the HD 630 graphics are working properly now. I ran a GeekBench score and it looks good.

I'll poke around some more to ensure everything works and then I'll re-install my server ethernet and RAID cards and install MacOS Server again.

Thanks for your incredible help!

-John
:clap:.Thank you for your feed back. Glad to be of help.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back