Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi there guys i have a clean 10.6.3 install with only a few kexts installed, i wanted to update to 10.6.6 or even 10.6.7 but everytime i try to update even 10.6.4 i get kernel panic so i i ask you guys how can i safely update. here are the speqs of my laptop:

Cpu:Intel® Core™ i3 Processor 370M
graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® 310M, 1GB DDR3 VRAM
Intel HD graphics

I think these are enough if you need more detail please tell me also, im running chameleon that came with the stand-alone installation in this link http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/02/ ... aller.html
also i cant use any of my graphic cards im stuck with the 1024x768 resolution if you can help me with that too i would apreciate.

Thank you for your time

Re: Asus K52JC Help with updating safely

About the graphics, I'm not sure but you can try Chameleon GraphicsEnabler option and the efi string of your card or similar.

About the kp, why are they? You've booted with -v Verbose mode? Remember to boot with -x option after an update if you did not rebuild your mkext and caches after, so your Extra/Extensions kexts will be loaded.

the updates never finish they get to 97% and then the KP appers, yes i have tried verbose mode, safe mode and after the kernel panic i have no choice but to reinstall SL.

konio38 said:
the updates never finish they get to 97% and then the KP appers, yes i have tried verbose mode, safe mode and after the kernel panic i have no choice but to reinstall SL.

While you update to 10.6.4, 10.6.5, 10.6.6 or 10.6.7 you need to delete appleintelhdgraphics.Kext and appleintelhdgraphicsFB.Kext form System/Library/Extensions and all this updates works perfect.

But with Nvidia Tecnology don't work, only 1024x768 and no graphics acceleration.

I remove then before or while updating?

Oscar_fm_dj said:
While you update to 10.6.4, 10.6.5, 10.6.6 or 10.6.7 you need to delete appleintelhdgraphics.Kext and appleintelhdgraphicsFB.Kext form System/Library/Extensions and all this updates works perfect.

But with Nvidia Tecnology don't work, only 1024x768 and no graphics acceleration.

This is a fix specific for i5? So it has an Nvidia card not an intel... But as I don't have ani iX processor I'm little lost on this.

konio38 said:

While you update

aonez said:
Oscar_fm_dj said:

This is a fix specific for i5? So it has an Nvidia card not an intel... But as I don't have ani iX processor I'm little lost on this.

Try NVEnabler64.Kext and GraphicsEnabler=yes

Oscar_fm_dj said:
konio38 said:

While you update

so that means that in a certain stage of the update he is going to add the files into the S/L/E folder, what stage is that is it the one in the end of the update here he puts the files in the correct folders?

yes you look this folder and when you see the two kexts remove it and the update finish without problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back