Contribute
Register

SOLVED: Asus Hero VIII Z170 wont boot Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, im new to the hackintosh scene and im having some problems. Im using a 6700k.
I made a Bootdisk with Unibeast and Mac OS Sierra. But when I pick my USB from the bootmenu the screen only flashes a couple of times and then boots to my Win 10 disk.

Im not sure if I got all of the setting in the BIOS right. Maybe someone could help me here?

2. Load Optimized Defaults (Done)
3. If your CPU supports VT-d, disable it (Already disabled)
4. If your system has CFG-Lock, disable it (Already disabled)
5. If your system has Secure Boot Mode, disable it (deleted the secure keys and then it turned off)
6. Set OS Type to Other OS (Selected)
7. If your system has IO SerialPort, disable it (Cant find this option in the bios)
8. Set XHCI Handoff to Enabled (Enabled)
9. If you have a 6 series or x58 system with AWARD BIOS, disable USB 3.0 (Tried to disable it, didnt work)

Last edited:
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

On a 100 series board the Serial port (SuperIO) thing is important, check again and disable it.

See MyHero build description. Link in signature block. :thumbup:

See MyHero build description. Link in signature block. :thumbup:

Thanks for all the help guys! But no luck here. :( Its your guide im already following Stork. :) But you dont disabel IO in BIOS, so I guess thats not important?

When I pick the boot USB from the boot menu the screen only flashes a couple of times then my Windows disk boots up after a while. Should i pick "master boot record" when I make my Unibeast USB instead? Now I picked "GUID Partition Map"

First problem solved. I changed from a USB3 to a USB2 so now I atleast get an error message.
"missing operating system" anyone knows what could have gone wrong? I made the USB with Unibeast.

SOLVED: Forgot to GUID the USB when I erased it for the 10th time :)
SOLVED: Dont use USB 3.0 by sandisk. USB 2.0 from Verbatim woks like a charm.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back