Contribute
Register

[solved] Asus G750JX help to fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your profile is missing screen resolution.

Not much experience with Nvidia on laptops for me...

Screen resolution: 1920x1080

nVidia GTX 770M is working with QE/CI
I fix brightness and all fn-keys
Audio work...
Only I need fix shutdown and sleep.

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2018-10-24 a las 0.08.50.png
    Captura de pantalla 2018-10-24 a las 0.08.50.png
    55.2 KB · Views: 69
  • Captura de pantalla 2018-10-24 a las 0.18.06.png
    Captura de pantalla 2018-10-24 a las 0.18.06.png
    152.9 KB · Views: 61
  • Captura de pantalla 2018-10-24 a las 0.19.54.png
    Captura de pantalla 2018-10-24 a las 0.19.54.png
    80.1 KB · Views: 66
  • Captura de pantalla 2018-10-24 a las 0.20.27.png
    Captura de pantalla 2018-10-24 a las 0.20.27.png
    182 KB · Views: 59
Of course, but I'm using somes patch from your repository and another custom patches to fix brightness nVidia cards, fn keys to Asus laptops, among others.

Not descriptive enough ("some patches" is meaningless).

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Attachments

• debug_5961.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 55

SSDT-2.aml is named poorly. Should be SSDT-UIAC.aml.
You should not be dropping CPU related SSDTs in DropTables.
config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts="Detect" is missing.
config.plist/SMBIOS/Trust=true is missing.
config.plist/RtVariables/CsrActiveConfig should be 0x67.
No need for the port limit patch, but your USB configuration is not correct (wrong UsbConnector values, see links from FAQ).
You might have "instant wake". You didn't patch for it.

SSDT-2.aml is named poorly. Should be SSDT-UIAC.aml.
You should not be dropping CPU related SSDTs in DropTables.
config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts="Detect" is missing.
config.plist/SMBIOS/Trust=true is missing.
config.plist/RtVariables/CsrActiveConfig should be 0x67.
No need for the port limit patch, but your USB configuration is not correct (wrong UsbConnector values, see links from FAQ).
You might have "instant wake". You didn't patch for it.

SSDT-2.aml renamed to SSDT-UIAC.aml.
CPU related SSDT created with ssdtPRGen, But I read that Haswell work fine with PluginType=1
Added InjectKexts="Detect"
Added Trust=yes
Added CsrActiveConfig = 0x67
port limit patch disabled
Added instant wake patch in DSDT from repository

No luck...
See new files...

Attachments

• debug_9791.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 46
CPU related SSDT created with ssdtPRGen, But I read that Haswell work fine with PluginType=1
Added Trust=yes

No luck...
See new files...

I am not having any issues with my Asus G750JX-DB71, everything works perfectly for me. Does your model end with DB71 in the model name if not you may have a different WIFI/BT card which could be causing the issues? I included my problem reporting files which includes all the files needed in the EFI if you want to try them for troubleshooting purposes and see if your sleep/wake and shutdown works after that.

Something might be different between our ACPI Origin files, I don't have APIC-p.aml, DSDT-1FE70005.aml and DSDT-5.aml and I have WPBT.aml while you don't.

Also Rehabman told you not to drop any CPU tables from Drop tables remove those and remove Drop OEM. You only need PluginType. Your missing patches in ACPI see my Clover config.plist and compare. I don't see the LCD brightness patch for "com.apple.driver.AppleBacklight" anywhere yet its working for you?

The only patches in my DSDT that I am using are Battery, FN key and LED fix. I have not tried Rehabman's new guide for battery patching in Clover, which I will attempt someday and may get away with just using Karabinar Elements instead of the DSDT Fn key patch and for the LED patch would be no biggie if eliminated so eventually I can remove DSDT.

Attachments

• debug_6496.zip
    10.9 MB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Added Trust=yes

No luck...
See new files...

Still messed up.
You still have inappropriate entries in config.plist/ACPI/DropTables, even after I advised against them in my last reply.
And now you added SSDT.aml which conflicts with config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate/PluginType=true. Remove SSDT.aml.

I am not having any issues with my Asus G750JX-DB71/QUOTE]
Thanks for your reply, and thanks for share your files. No luck with your configuration, I have same issue. And I remove wifi card and test boot with out wifi card with no luck too... so the wifi card not is the problem.
In my laptop all work fine, only have shutdown and sleep issue. so it do are a DSDT problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back