ASUSTEK X556UA
CPU
i5-6200U
Graphics
HD 520
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi, I've been using AppleALC only and nothing else.
My problem is that I cannot get the audio to work through Built-in speakers. Built-in mic and headphone jack work great. Sometimes it works normally and then stops after a sleep. This problem was introduced at later builds of High Sierra. Currently I'm on Mojave 10.14.3
MB: Asus X556UA, ALC255, layout id = 27
I've tried many things but no success, all required debugging files are attached.

Attachments

• debug_11359.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 116
Hi, I've been using AppleALC only and nothing else.
My problem is that I cannot get the audio to work through Built-in speakers. Built-in mic and headphone jack work great. Sometimes it works normally and then stops after a sleep. This problem was introduced at later builds of High Sierra. Currently I'm on Mojave 10.14.3
MB: Asus X556UA, ALC255, layout id = 27
I've tried many things but no success, all required debugging files are attached.

CodecCommander.kext may help.

I have the same problem with asus f541uv (MoBo: X541) and ALC256 layout id tested 2,5,7,11,13,28,56

Attachments

• debug_11359.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 93
Last edited:
CodecCommander.kext may help.
I have tried it without luck. I downloaded the kext file and used kextbeast to install it to /L/E. then I tried adding it to Clover/Kexts folder too and no luck again. BTW it's working now, but I don't know for how long. Yesterday I pressed shutdown, plugged it in to power and woke up today to find it working. When it works, it's so fine that I prefer it over windows.
Do I need to make any modifications to CodecCommander.kext, to patch it to my hackintosh?
Another unrelated question while we are at it. can you take a look at my USB configuration? It worked out of the box, Do I need to patch it though?
any more advices are appreciated. I love hackintoshing :)

I have the same problem with asus f541uv (MoBo: X541) and ALC256 layout id tested 2,5,7,11,13,28,56

Off-topic. This thread regards ASUS F556ua and ALC255.

I have tried it without luck. I downloaded the kext file and used kextbeast to install it to /L/E. then I tried adding it to Clover/Kexts folder too and no luck again. BTW it's working now, but I don't know for how long. Yesterday I pressed shutdown, plugged it in to power and woke up today to find it working. When it works, it's so fine that I prefer it over windows.
Do I need to make any modifications to CodecCommander.kext, to patch it to my hackintosh?

Not possible to reply without PR files.

Another unrelated question while we are at it. can you take a look at my USB configuration?

Off-topic.

Not possible to reply without PR files.
What do you mean by PR files?
Edit 1: Oh, problem reporting files!
Edit 2: The thing is that they work now, so I'm just going to attach a fresh PR files with the audio working fine. I'll try a bunch of things to try and find what makes it stop working and get the PR files ASAP

Attachments

• debug_30894.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 103
Last edited:
Edit 2: The thing is that they work now, so I'm just going to attach a fresh PR files with the audio working fine. I'll try a bunch of things to try and find what makes it stop working and get the PR files ASAP
I got it to stop working by restarting, choosing Windows at Clover boot menu, booting into Windows, restarting and finally choosing MacOS at Clover boot menu.
I'll be attaching PR files soon
Edit 1: I can now replicate it easily, and found similar issues to mine. I'll try to see if I can fix it

Last edited:

You should probably be using an appropriately coded LiluFriend.kext.
I have a script on my github (hack-tools project) that will create a LiluFriend.kext for you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back