CPU
i5-6500
Graphics
nVidia 1070 (EVGA)
Motherboard ASRock H110M ITX/ac
CPU i5 6500
Memory 2 X 8GB 2133
Graphics EVGA 1070SC

I had a bit of trouble installing OS X with the above setup.
I thought it might be the graphics card, so I took out the card and tried installing Sierra again.
Same thing happened, stuck at the very beginning of the bar.

Did some googling, found a non-english guide on insanelymac.com for the same motherboard
I was able to finish installation by ticking Inject and Fix Ownership under Devices using Clover Configurator
to get past "AppleUSBLegacyRoot ..... enabling legacy matching".

After the installation was over, I did the multibeast step.
But booting would not complete, stuck at the beginning of the bar under apple logo
-v shows that it stops at a step the fix for it is something to do with xhci
The motherboard doesn't have an option to deal with XHCI directly.

Did a workaround and copied the efi folder from the usb to the efi on the hard drive
That did the trick, and everything booted up fine.

Installed everything all over again using the graphics card.
unticked nv_disable=1, and ticked nvda_drv=1 instead (although I don't think this matters anymore)
unticked inject intel, and ticked inject nvidia instead.
Graphics shows up as EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 22 MB

Used the guide for installing 1070 web driver (and enabled it in clover adding to config, NvidiaWeb key)
After rebooting, graphic glitch occurs, and I cannot see anything (broken screen)
Mostly black, but random pixellation on the top half of the screen
If I move my mouse, I can see some movement resembling the mouse path but distorted (not frozen?)
Which leads me to believe that this is graphic related

I tried the whole thing using iMac 14,2 instead of 17,1 but same result.
nVidia driver installation is always successful.
I've tried installing 2 kext files using KextBeast for BlackScreen bug as well.

Any help would be much appreciated.

I've posted this on the graphics section earlier
I thought maybe successfully using multibeast might fix this problem, so I thought I'd post here as well.
In the hopes of finding a fix for multibeast and booting

I understand if the thread gets deleted for some rule offence.

I've been reading some other threads and came upon a message that said untick injectNvidia
Did that and it works well at the moment.

So for others who stumble on here.
iMac 17,1
untick the following
nvda_drv=1, nv_disable=1, inject Nvidia

tick Inject and FixOwnership under Devices (This is for H110M ITX/ac)

Follow the nVidia web driver installation instruction
Install NvidiaGraphicsFix and Lilu.kext using KextBeast (this part might not be necessary, but I had already done it)

What's the version of Sierria you are going to install? Be sure your Motherboard ASRock H110M was set correctly by this reference with that I have installed successfully on ASRock Z170 Extreme 3. If you are going to install 10.12.5 and the system hang on Apple Log, maybe you can try this to reach the desktop. Good luck;)

The version was 10.12.5
All's good now.

Another update.
Had trouble with dual screen, but that seems to have been fixed (replugged, and it just worked)

I reinstalled everything all over again and I thought I'd give some additional hints to those who come along later.

For my setup with ASRock H110M ITX/ac with nVidia 1070 at the time of Sierra 10.12.5, this is what you should watch out for.
Before you follow 10.12 Installation Guide under "Guides" at the top of this page.
I suggest downloading Clover Configurator and put it in the installation USB as well.
Also, download the latest nVidia driver if you are using one of the pascal cards.

Before you begin attempting to install Sierra, make some changes to the config file in the Installation USB using the Clover Configurator.
There are guides on youtube on how to use the configurator and they do a better job so look for any video guides and you'll get the hang of it.

Mount the EFI on the USB, and make changes to the config file as follows
Default is uncheck, but make sure the ones still mentioned are unchecked.
Boot: CHECK Verbose, dart=0, UNCHECK nvda_drv=1, nv_disable=1
Devices: CHECK Inject, FixOwnership
SMBios: iMac 14,2 (iMac 17,1 should work as well)

Now, go ahead save the changes and install OS X.
Everything should go without a hitch.
When you have finished the MultiBeast step from the guide.
(Make sure to not install any nVidia related settings, except for the Web Driver if you have pascal cards)
Open up the Clover Configurator once more, and Mount the EFI on the hard drive the OS is installed on (not the USB)
and make sure above setting is clicked (you don't have to check Verbose that just shows you what's going on in text)

This is good time to install the nVidia driver if you have it.
Reboot after nVidia web driver is installed.

Thank you to the forum for lending so much info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back