Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,
First thing my level english is not very good so i'm sorry if i make mistakes in the writing. I have an Acer aspire v5 571G with triple boot (Windows 10, elementary os, yosemite). All the hardware was working with yosemite but the Wifi, so I decided to replace the wifi card that came with the laptop (atheros ar5bwb222) with this one: http://www.ebay.es/itm/Atheros-WiFi...BXB92-Device-ID-168c-002a-W015-/301369012086? (Ar9280). After that, i got into windows and it recognized the card and had the right drivers intalled but it said that it was "turned off". In yosemite, it also recognized the card and said it was working properly but it didn't show any routers to connect to, and in the building where i live there are a lot so its not a problem of my router. At first, i thought that it was a problem of the card or the installation but it's not because it works perfectly in linux (elementary os).
I've tried lots of things like intalling drivers, disabling secure boot (in uefi), pressing the fn+f3 keys etc. I also tried to put back the original card and it works again, but obviously only linux and windows.
Do you have some ideas of what to do?
Maybe it's not important but the original card had also bluetooth and the new one not.

Thank you.

Aspire v5 571G wifi card replacement

Hi,
First thing my level english is not very good so i'm sorry if i make mistakes in the writing. I have an Acer aspire v5 571G with triple boot (Windows 10, elementary os, yosemite). All the hardware was working with yosemite but the Wifi, so I decided to replace the wifi card that came with the laptop (atheros ar5bwb222) with this one: http://www.ebay.es/itm/Atheros-WiFi...BXB92-Device-ID-168c-002a-W015-/301369012086? (Ar9280). After that, i got into windows and it recognized the card and had the right drivers intalled but it said that it was "turned off". In yosemite, it also recognized the card and said it was working properly but it didn't show any routers to connect to, and in the building where i live there are a lot so its not a problem of my router. At first, i thought that it was a problem of the card or the installation but it's not because it works perfectly in linux (elementary os).
I've tried lots of things like intalling drivers, disabling secure boot (in uefi), pressing the fn+f3 keys etc. I also tried to put back the original card and it works again, but obviously only linux and windows.
Do you have some ideas of what to do?
Maybe it's not important but the original card had also bluetooth and the new one not.

Thank you.

Tape pin 20.

Aspire v5 571G wifi card replacement

I works. Thank you :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back