Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z390 ASRock Phantom mini ITX
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
Vega 56
First of all, hi to everyone.

I followed lot's of the topics here over the last weeks, to gain information and to get a basic understanding over how to get a stable hackintosh running. I have to say, that I'm really impressed by most of the tutorials and guides. So thank you very much for your work, that helped me a lot.

Now to my current problem.
As you can see in the attached picture, i always run to the same error during loading the installation.
My BIOS settings should be right:
- Primary Graphics Onboard
- VT-d Disabled
- SATA mode AHCI
- XHCI - Hand-Off

In terms of the config.plist i did what has been mentioned here (cause it sounds for me like he's having the same issue): https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...rustedkeysfromnvram-no-nvram-variable.177147/ but it did't work for me.

The Kexts in my clover folder are:
FakeSMC.kext
FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext
FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext
IntelMausiEthernet.kext
Lilu.kext
WhateverGreen.kext

I already apologize in advance, if my question is not written down in a perfect way but at the moment, that is what my knowledge about hackintosh is.

If somebody knows how to fix this, i would be very glad. If the answer is something like: "Boy, just get more into the stuff" then this would be also fine, because i know that I'm right now at the very beginning of understanding the whole process.

Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_0474.jpeg
    IMG_0474.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 1,085
  • config.plist
    25.3 KB · Views: 200
The Apple NVMe assert failed does not look like a fatal error. I don't see any fatal error in the screen shot. What happens right after you see this screen? Does the system reboot? Does the screen go blank?

I assume that your installation problem is happening at Stage 1 (since you haven't specifically mentioned which stage of installation you're in)...

Your config.plist is "littered" with checkboxes you don't need and ACPI patches that shouldn't be used until post-installation! :)

And in your "Kernel and kext patches" section the 2 most important patches are missing:
  1. External Icons Patch
  2. USB Port Limit Patch
I would strongly suggest the following:
  1. Run UniBeast 9.0.0. For Bootloader choose UEFI. For Graphics Configuration don't choose either of the two options (Inject nVidia, Inject ATI).
  2. Then use Clover Configurator to edit the config.plist generated inside the EFI/CLOVER folder (don't remove USB from your Mac yet):
    • ACPI section --> enable Fix Headers and enable PluginType
    • Boot section --> enable Verbose
    • Devices --> enable FixOwnership (under USB)
  3. Save the file. Eject the USB and insert it into a USB 2.0 port on the Hackintosh. Boot and try to begin installation. See what happens.
If you run into trouble, some things to try:
  1. Insert USB back into the Mac and mount the EFI partition.
  2. In EFI/CLOVER/driversUEFI64 folder, try replacing "AptioMemoryFix-drv" with the following, one by one and making sure that only one of these is installed at a time:
    • OsxAptioFixDrv.efi (try this first, but remove AptioMemoryFix-drv)
    • OsxAptioFix2Drv.efi
    • OsxAptioFix3Drv.eft
    • OsxAptioFix2Drc-free2000.efi (you can get this from bullet #3 here) Try this 2nd (also remove AptioMemoryFix-drv)
  3. Eject from Mac and insert into Hack. Reboot. See what happens.
  4. If failure, reboot Hackintosh. When Clover boot screen appears, press Space bar and enable 4th item in the list, "Disable KASLR (slide=0)". Try the installation now. If things get worse (i.e. you see "Couldn't allocate runtime area" or similar messages), rebooting will clear the slide=0 flag.

The Apple NVMe assert failed does not look like a fatal error. I don't see any fatal error in the screen shot. What happens right after you see this screen? Does the system reboot? Does the screen go blank?

I assume that your installation problem is happening at Stage 1 (since you haven't specifically mentioned which stage of installation you're in)...

Your config.plist is "littered" with checkboxes you don't need and ACPI patches that shouldn't be used until post-installation! :)

And in your "Kernel and kext patches" section the 2 most important patches are missing:
  1. External Icons Patch
  2. USB Port Limit Patch
I would strongly suggest the following:
  1. Run UniBeast 9.0.0. For Bootloader choose UEFI. For Graphics Configuration don't choose either of the two options (Inject nVidia, Inject ATI).
  2. Then use Clover Configurator to edit the config.plist generated inside the EFI/CLOVER folder (don't remove USB from your Mac yet):
    • ACPI section --> enable Fix Headers and enable PluginType
    • Boot section --> enable Verbose
    • Devices --> enable FixOwnership (under USB)
  3. Save the file. Eject the USB and insert it into a USB 2.0 port on the Hackintosh. Boot and try to begin installation. See what happens.
If you run into trouble, some things to try:
  1. Insert USB back into the Mac and mount the EFI partition.
  2. In EFI/CLOVER/driversUEFI64 folder, try replacing "AptioMemoryFix-drv" with the following, one by one and making sure that only one of these is installed at a time:
    • OsxAptioFixDrv.efi (try this first, but remove AptioMemoryFix-drv)
    • OsxAptioFix2Drv.efi
    • OsxAptioFix3Drv.eft
    • OsxAptioFix2Drc-free2000.efi (you can get this from bullet #3 here) Try this 2nd (also remove AptioMemoryFix-drv)
  3. Eject from Mac and insert into Hack. Reboot. See what happens.
  4. If failure, reboot Hackintosh. When Clover boot screen appears, press Space bar and enable 4th item in the list, "Disable KASLR (slide=0)". Try the installation now. If things get worse (i.e. you see "Couldn't allocate runtime area" or similar messages), rebooting will clear the slide=0 flag.
Thank you very much for your help.

I was already guessing that my config-file is a little overloaded with stuff which is not important for getting into the installer. Anyway - it helped me already a lot just to get this right.

I'll try now all these diferent .efis and will give a report as soon as I'm done. As well, I'm doing know a installation via Unibeast onto a 2.0 USB stick. Because you mentioned before to insert it into a 2.0 port, i was thinking maybe that's the problem. Also I read this thread https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-prohibited-sign-after-apfs_module_start.248974/, where the installation stopped at the same point and it has been a USB issue.

Thank you once again. I really appreciate that even if I'm new into this hackintosh-community i get help.

It's kinda solved:

I really don't know why, but as soon as i went back with my BIOS version from 1.30 to 1.20 it worked.

I did this step, because in the beginning when i built this machine i was just a little messing around with getting Hackintosh installed and back then i was able to get the setup running. So now after trying everything, this was the only thing which changed.

As I mentioned it before, i have no clue why 1.20 works and 1.30 not - but I don't have to understand this :)

Thank you for this thread Toby. I'm running into this same issue and based on more research I am definitely thinking I need to rollback my bios. Although on a Rog Strix this is actually pretty complicated! Thanks again!

Thank you for this thread Toby. I'm running into this same issue and based on more research I am definitely thinking I need to rollback my bios. Although on a Rog Strix this is actually pretty complicated! Thanks again!

I can just speak for my board and i did a clean hackintosh install some weeks ago. Before, due to the reason that there was released a new bios version, i tried this one as well (i think 1.32 or whatsoever) and run immediately into the same error again. Rolled my bios back to 1.20 and the install worked again.

So I don't know, if there is something extra i have to adjust in the bios setting in newer versions that i missed but is set right in the old version, but i know that 1.2 is the only working one in my case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back