Contribute
Register

[solved] AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer: kernel panic after some config changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

zyz

Motherboard
Dell Inspiron 5547
CPU
i7-4510U
Graphics
HD 4400
I have minstolenSize patch for AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFamebuffer and the menubar glitch fix installed for HD 520 on skylake computer, the system was working fine for more than 2 weeks.

Now after making some config changes not related to the graphics I have kernel panic in the AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer. I restored my old config which had been working before I've made a change and also disabled all graphics patches,
rebuilt the extensions caches.
How to recover AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer from the bad state?
Does it have its own cache or something?
It might be somehow related to kext_dev_mode flag - this was the one of the flags that I changed.

Attachments

• IMG_8629.JPG
    IMG_8629.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 631
I have minstolenSize patch for AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFamebuffer and the menubar glitch fix installed for HD 520 on skylake computer, the system was working fine for more than 2 weeks.

Now after making some config changes not related to the graphics I have kernel panic in the AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer. I restored my old config which had been working before I've made a change and also disabled all graphics patches,
rebuilt the extensions caches.
How to recover AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer from the bad state?
Does it have its own cache or something?
It might be somehow related to kext_dev_mode flag - this was the one of the flags that I changed.

Boot with invalid ig-platform-id (0x12345678).
Rebuild cache (see FAQ).
Reboot normally.

Thank you so much, @RehabMan
It worked. I can boot again.
I am just curious why the config change was causing the kernel panic in the AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer?

Thank you so much, @RehabMan
It worked. I can boot again.
I am just curious why the config change was causing the kernel panic in the AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer?

No idea. You didn't mention what you changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back