Contribute
Register

Solved - AppleHDA not loading in Big Sur

Status
Not open for further replies.
remove alcid=3 from boot arguments

also try all possible layout id numbers as per:
Well, I tried all possible layout-id's for the Conexant codec. Unfortunately none of them solved the problem. I might be wrong, but I still think that Big Sur on my laptop doesn't load the AppleHDA.kext, and therefore AppleALC.kext has nothing to patch. On my desktop it's clearly loaded without any DeviceProperties add-ons. Attached a screenshot form my desktop's terminal. Thank you very much for your help! But I'm still stuck :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-06-22 at 22.19.32.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-22 at 22.19.32.png
    59.6 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Well, I tried all possible layout-id's for the Conexant codec. Unfortunately none of them solved the problem. I might be wrong, but I still think that Big Sur on my laptop doesn't load the AppleHDA.kext. On my desktop it's clearly loaded without any DeviceProperties add-ons. Attached a screenshot form my desktop's terminal. Thank you very much for your help! But I'm still stuck :)
i get the same output when i run that command

Not on my laptop - attaching screenshot. AppleHDA.kext not present. Only AppleHDAController.
wondering why you uploaded an image that worked?

zip and upload your efi

And it takes a considerable time for every booting, since I haven’t patched my battery yet (it was before with rehabman’s hot patch). Which will be my next issue for solving. But one step at a time.
not having your battery patched shouldn't take the machine to boot longer unless something is messed up

you previous hotpatch files should work fine on your machine

remove debug boot argument for a quicker boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back