Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
UX305FA
CPU
Intel(R) Processor 5Y10 CPU @ 0.80GHz
Graphics
Intel HD 5300 Gen8 graphics of Broadwell
Hi,

I am a newbie to the Hackintosh project and I am having some issues getting audio working on Asus UX305FA with Mojave 10.14.1. I suspect that the AppleHDA.kext is causing my system to not boot. I had done a previous install using Lilu + AppleALC + High Sierra 10.13.6 successfully. This time I wanted to test with Mojave.

If I add the AppleHDA.kext to my system along with Lilu +AppleALC it does not boot. If I delete the AppleHDA.kext from L/E it boots normally without audio. I extracted my appleHDA.kext using pacifist from the Install Mojave media. After extracting it to a folder I install it in L/E.

I attached the generated debug file, I verified IORegistry and the AppleALC layouts seems to be properly loaded.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Attachments

• debug_10010.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 80
Hi,

I am a newbie to the Hackintosh project and I am having some issues getting audio working on Asus UX305FA with Mojave 10.14.1. I suspect that the AppleHDA.kext is causing my system to not boot. I had done a previous install using Lilu + AppleALC + High Sierra 10.13.6 successfully. This time I wanted to test with Mojave.

If I add the AppleHDA.kext to my system along with Lilu +AppleALC it does not boot. If I delete the AppleHDA.kext from L/E it boots normally without audio. I extracted my appleHDA.kext using pacifist from the Install Mojave media. After extracting it to a folder I install it in L/E.

I attached the generated debug file, I verified IORegistry and the AppleALC layouts seems to be properly loaded.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Proper way to restore system kexts is to run the macOS installer without erasing the target partition.

Thanks I will try that instead.

By the way the AppleHDA.kext has never installed itself in my installations. For the reinstall does it matter if I start from the recovery partition or USB stick?

By the way the AppleHDA.kext has never installed itself in my installations.

Are you sure about that?
If so, your copy of the installer is corrupt/wrong/not from Apple.

From where did you download macOS?
On what hardware did you create your USB installer?

AppleHDA.kext is in the install media but Mojave or High Sierra does not seem to install that file on my laptop. I used the script from (installinstallmacos.py) https://github.com/munki/macadmin-scripts
The actual server it downloads them from is Apple.
I used different working Hackintosh to create the install media. I will also retry to download and create the install media from a working mac if this does not work.
I am speaking of the initial install here, I am trying the reinstall technic. Maybe by having another copy of AppleHDA present in my L/E that will force the installer to install it this time.

AppleHDA.kext is in the install media but Mojave or High Sierra does not seem to install that file on my laptop. I used the script from (installinstallmacos.py) https://github.com/munki/macadmin-scripts
The actual server it downloads them from is Apple.
I am speaking of the initial install here, I am trying the reinstall technic. Maybe by having another copy of AppleHDA present in my L/E that will force the installer to install it this time.

AppleHDA.kext is installed to /System/Library/Extensions. No idea why you're looking for it in /L/E.

You are totally right I did not realize that AppleHDA.kext was already in /S/L/E, The reinstallation also probably temporarily fixed the conflict. I deleted it from /L/E and sound is up and running again.

So I guess I successfully tested UX305FA with pretty much all the functions on 10.14.1

Thanks for the help @RehabMan

You are totally right I did not realize that AppleHDA.kext was already in /S/L/E, The reinstallation also probably temporarily fixed the conflict. I deleted it from /L/E and sound is up and running again.

So I guess I successfully tested UX305FA with pretty much all the functions on 10.14.1

Thanks for the help @RehabMan

Marked solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back