Contribute
Register

(Solved) AppleACL Microphone not working ALC289

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay I tink i made all the modification that I need, but now I need to compile with Xcode, and whenever I hit build the kext does not create?

Im sure its something stupid easy to fix but can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong

Attachments

• AppleALC- Modified.zip
    5.3 MB · Views: 97
if anyone has done this before please link a thread detailing the process

Attachments

• HdaCodec (Realtek ALC289).txt
    6.4 KB · Views: 65
  • verbs.txt
    3.8 KB · Views: 57
okay I tink i made all the modification that I need, but now I need to compile with Xcode, and whenever I hit build the kext does not create?

Im sure its something stupid easy to fix but can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong

In order to compile I needed to downgrade to Xcode 11.3.1 and place the lilu debug kext in the source directery
But it didnt work out so to bad....

a guy named macpeet helped me make a custom layout on the insanelymac ALC thread. Thank you for making layout 15!

Attachments

• trial1_alc289_layoutID15_ManualMode.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 173

Hi alectardy,

I'm having to create a custom layout for a different ALC289 (XPS 9500) because it is just subtly different. Using layout 11 which is from your work causes high CPU usage (1 core is constantly running 100%). I'm following this https://github.com/F0x1c/AppleALC_Instructions guide but I'm stuck at the part where I'm supposed to correct verb data - I can't work out which nibble to zero out for each of the node.

Appreciate any help!

did you try downloading the file above with layout 15?

yeah I did but it didn't work. I replaced layout 11 in AppleALC with my pinconfig and it fixed the high CPU load issue but I still haven't figured out how to fix the headphones jack or built in "subwoofer".

a guy named macpeet helped me make a custom layout on the insanelymac ALC thread. Thank you for making layout 15!
hi,why don't you handle it to acidanthera so that when applealc.kext update ,you can use the latest kext without recompile it?

your kext worked perfect in my dell precision 7540

thankyou very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back