Contribute
Register

[Solved] Apple "Remote Desktop" can't click anything...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Z800
CPU
2x X5670
Graphics
GTX 1060
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
  4. MacBook Pro
  5. Mac mini
  6. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. iBook
  3. iMac
  4. Performa
  5. Power Mac
  6. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Has anyone encountered the issues where you attempt to make a remote connection to your Hackintosh via Apple Remote Desktop, Screen Share, or ANY VNC variant like Screens (Desktop OR Mobile VNC Viewers) and when you try to click ANYTHING, your clicks are not registered...?

I can use the keyboard to switch apps with Command + Tab and then use the arrow keys to manipulate apps, so I know I have a successful connection, But If I CLICK anywhere in the app, I'm automatically changed over to Finder and I can not click ANYTHING in Finder or on ANY other item on screen.

I CAN successfully connect with TeamViewer and interact with the Hackintosh normally but I MUCH prefer using Screen Sharing on a local network and Apple Remote Desktop from my laptop when I'm out on the road.

Is there something I can do in the config file to fix this? Is it a Windows Server issue of something?

Many thanks for any insight

Richard

UPDATE: I found a workaround. I have two monitors and one television plugged into my graphics card (NVIDIA GTX 1060) directly. Monitor 1 is a 23 inch Acer Plugged Directly into the DVI port on the graphics card. Monitor 2 is a 30 inch Dell which is plugged in via Displayport to Dual Link DVI adapter then into the monitors DVI port. The third display is a 720p Samsung television Plug directly into the HDMI port of the graphics card.

When the TV is plugged into the HDMI port and I attempt to connect to the hackintosh via any flavor of VNC, Apple Remote Desktop or LAN Screen Sharing.... The mouse gets stuck on the HDMI TV. It will not cross over onto the other displays. Yes however I simply unplugged the TV from the HDMI port, then Apple Remote Desktop, Screen Sharing and VNC all work as expected.

So the workaround is to simply unplugThe TV from the HDMI port or from the back of the television until I need to do some video editing.

Not the most elegant solution but it will work.

Richard

My friend is facing the same problem, not sure what else he could do. Seems like he will have to call a master to solve it. I am using it on Windows and everything is working okay, never had a problem. I bought a good rdp from https://webpundits.in and I am very glad because there are no lags and stuff like this, because it can be a big problem, considering my job. Seems like my friend will change to windows as well, if he can't fix that problem in the near future, he is already bored of it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back