Contribute
Register

[Solved] App Store says Lion 'Installed' in SL 10.6.8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: App Store says Lion 'Installed' in SL 10.6.8

zdestiny said:
Yes, but the problem is that I cant even download Lion from the App Store. The link to buy/download it says "Installed" , even though I havent purchased or installed it yet. For some reason the app store thinks I've already downloaded Lion.

Try click left mouse + Alt :)

hiphopboy said:

I've tried that, it still doesnt work.

zdestiny said:
hiphopboy said:

I've tried that, it still doesnt work.
Ya it says that it is installed because the application that install Lions, is installed, all you have to do now is to run the installer!

At the app store, hold down option key and keep holding it as you click on the link to Lion and the download button at the Lion screen - it should change back to the buy instead of installed.

I dont have the installer because I havent purchased Lion yet.

I tried the option+click and alt+click, none of them work. Any other suggestions?

Are sure that the app "Install Mac OSX Lion" is not already in your application directory?

I suggest this as it happened to me, showed Lion installed in 10.6.8 as installed and it actually was, I just did not realize it!

tonyd said:
Are sure that the app "Install Mac OSX Lion" is not already in your application directory?

I suggest this as it happened to me, showed Lion installed in 10.6.8 as installed and it actually was, I just did not realize it!

Fixed it - the file was not in my application directory, but I had moved it to another directory. I guess it searches your entire HD for the file and then shows it as "installed". Thanks to all for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back