Register

[SOLVED] App store problem!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: App store problem!!!

yes, ethernet is enable in bios.
now i try to set to imac 11.2

So, I set to iMac11.2 and does not give me more the words "I can not verify the device or computer. Contact Support for assistance." and it's already something. but now it says "connection failed".
Obviously I am connected to the internet, (with iphone usb) and I can surf the web. What could it be? a wrong plist file?

thanks for all!

ok, is back says "I can not verify the device or computer. Contact Support for assistance". then I return to my identification model "mac pro 3.1".
is very frustrating...
any ideas?

in the end I did it!!!
the problem was the ethernet card driver!
I reinstalled the drivers from multibeast for SL and I set the network card to en0. and finally I did it!
Thanks to everyone for the advice and support!

hey guys

this is just for the benefit of anyone who couldnt quite get this going the way outlined in this thread....

this is what worked for me....

1. Run multibeast with the following options selected:
System utilities>Rebuild caches
Drivers & Bootloaders>Network>Realtek Gigabit Ethernet 2.0.6

2. delete all network interfaces in System Preferences>Network Preferences using the "minus" button

3. delete NetworkInterfaces.plist file located in Library>Preferences>SystemConfiguration

4. REBOOT

5. go back into network preferences and add Ethernet and click Apply before you add any other interfaces e.g. Airport

6. sign into App Store

7. feel content

I had alot of trouble getting it working because i was installing the lnx2mac 8xxx drivers instead of the Realtek ones, but once i did what i outlined above, i was super stoked.

peace out tonymac-world :headbang:

hey everyone! for me, the solution was to put:
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
in /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist, and that is all!
p.s. thanks for to tonymac and all others for your amazing work with multibeast and xmove!!!

Thank you Parlo,
Your instructions worked like a charm! :headband:

FaceTime is a go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back