i5-4670K
Graphics
HD4600
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

I don’t know what happening but I can only access this forum on my phone. Tried on several different computers and networks and nothing. Thought it was offline.

So, I updated my hackintosh from 10.14.1 to 10.14.2 without making a backup and now I’m stuck on boot with this message.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• C544BFE0-E704-4176-9883-356410D22CCA.jpeg
    C544BFE0-E704-4176-9883-356410D22CCA.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 167
dns problems with the site - add a dns server 208.67.222.222

Hello,

I don’t know what happening but I can only access this forum on my phone. Tried on several different computers and networks and nothing. Thought it was offline.

So, I updated my hackintosh from 10.14.1 to 10.14.2 without making a backup and now I’m stuck on boot with this message.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Not a relevant Mojave Desktop Support Issue.

• At what stage of booting are you finding the uploaded screen shot following your attempted 10.14.2 update?
    • Before reaching Clover Boot Manager Screen?
    • After booting an icon from CBM screen?
  • Is Hackintosh Mojave 10.14.X the ONLY System disk you have in that Computer?
    • Do you have any other Internal Hard disks with OSes or External Hard Disks connected to this system?
  • Did you check your Boot Device Selection Screen (pressing F-12) to see what disks are trying to open the Clover Boot Manager Screen?
  • Do you know what Devices are listed in BIOS_Boot Options Priority List and what is at the Boot #1 position?
  • Can you boot from CBM to your 10.14.1?
  • Can you boot using your original 10.14.1 (or 10.14.0) USB Installer Disk?
Unless you have a very Unique Verbose boot screen error, readers would tend to ignore your post if you don't give enough information about your System (which you already know) for us to connect the dots between your attempt to upgrade and the appearance of the unexpected non-specific Verbose boot screen you have uploaded.

dns problems with the site - add a dns server 208.67.222.222
Thank you, you solved one of the problems.

• At what stage of booting are you finding the uploaded screen shot following your attempted 10.14.2 update?
    • Before reaching Clover Boot Manager Screen?
    • After booting an icon from CBM screen?
  • Is Hackintosh Mojave 10.14.X the ONLY System disk you have in that Computer?
    • Do you have any other Internal Hard disks with OSes or External Hard Disks connected to this system?
  • Did you check your Boot Device Selection Screen (pressing F-12) to see what disks are trying to open the Clover Boot Manager Screen?
  • Do you know what Devices are listed in BIOS_Boot Options Priority List and what is at the Boot #1 position?
  • Can you boot from CBM to your 10.14.1?
  • Can you boot using your original 10.14.1 (or 10.14.0) USB Installer Disk?

Before reaching Clover.

Mojave is on an SSD and I have another 2 drives, one with data and the other with Yosemite.

I have the SSD (Mojave) set in the #1 position.

Can't reach CBM.

I don't have an USB Installer Disk, I've been updating through the app store/sys prefs.

Thank you for your quick response, I don't have the computer here with me right now, but if you need any more information that can help, please just say so.

• Based on my experience in Mojave 10.14.X ( both Beta and Release) "Clean install" and "Upgrade install" using Intel type of Motherboards 7 series to 200 Series all from Gigabyte (I don't have a 300 Series board yet to try) with the exception of X79 and an Intel Motherboard, I have not had much installation problems. I have encountered only some post-install issues with Atheros Chip WiFi or Mojave Preview App and a few other minor issues I could fix with some troubleshoot.

• I attribute my success to meticulous attention to weed out problem hardware (EX: I've removed from the Motherboard PCIE slot AMD Radeon 5450 that had worked perfectly well from Yosemite to macODS High Sierra 10.13.6 because it was not supported in Mojave Beta to current released Versions. I either use the Intel HD Graphics that is supported in Mojave or use a PCIE Graphics natively supported in Mojave.)

• I disconnect my Windows 10 and Ubuntu SATA Internal Platter disks /ssd until I get my Mojave System Disk fully functional with all updates and all Apps fully working and the System booting without fail a few times using its own CLOVER. I don't want other OS disks interfering at any stage of my installation especially during the first few times until I get a chance to fully understand how the new Mojave behaves during installation and in Post-install stage.

• I always DISABLE from First Boot Device in the BIOS Boot Option Priorities List all other real and Phantom disks (like macOS or OS X ) so that they won't show up in F-12 Boot Device Selection Screen. I keep the Booting Disk ( USB Installer for installation and System Disk after System is fully installed and the disk gets its own CLOVER and the USB Installer disk is EJECTED. )

• I always make sure my downloaded "Install macOS" from AppStore has the right shasum .
  • After Partitioning and Formatting a 16GB USB 2.0 Flash disk in Disk Utility in GUID+HFS+J, I use the 'CreateInstallMedia' cmd.

• I always use manual install of the latest Clover EFI usually from RehabMan Bucket.
  • In all my Systems, I have used UEFI Mode for installation.
  • After CLOVER install I don't simply boot with that disk. I customize my CLOVER for each of my Computer according to their hardware.
    • I open and check CLOVER/drivers64UEFI, CLOVER/kexts/Other (I delete all the unwanted empty numbered kext folders if seen) I may use my own theme in the Themes Folder, if my previous OS needed ACPI DSDT/SSDT patching for the hardware, I copy and paste these files in ACPI/ Patched of my USB installer's CLOVER.
  • I check every BIOS option and change or accept default options depending up on how I have configured my CLOVER and its config.plist.
  • During the first few boots during install, I freeze the booting at Device selection screen with F-12 (For Gigabyte MoBo) to make sure my USB Installer is the one that is booting on to CBM screen
  • Once CBM screen opens, I check Options and its submenu to make sure they are the items I wanted my config.plist to load.
  • I ALWAYS boot using Verbose Mode to watch the boot screen to verify it is following the normal trajectory toward macOS Utilities screen to take photos of verbose boot screens for analysis (if there is problem booting)
  • In macOS Utilities>Disk Utility, I press CMD (Windows key) and 2 (not F2) to "Show All Devices"
  • I open and check CLOVER/drivers64UEFI, CLOVER/kexts/Other (I delete all the unwanted empty numbered kext folders if seen) I may use my own theme in the Themes Folder, if my previous OS needed ACPI DSDT/SSDT patching for the hardware, I copy and paste these files in ACPI/ Patched of my USB installer's CLOVER.
  • Since macOS Mojave requires APFS formatted Hard disks, I choose GUID+APFS in all my Partition and Formats for Mojave.
  • I continue to take photos of Verbose Boot Screens for my record of how a normal or bad installation shows up on screen.
  • Once system is fully installed , if my Custom EFI of USB Installer has been flawless during install , I will just copy and paste it on the Mounted EFI Partition of System Disk for use as its CLOVER.
  • On a successful reboot if any minor troubleshoots are needed to fix other issues this method makes it much easier for me.

Thank you again for taking the time to help me with this.

This is how I solved it, if someone has the same problem.

I booted into my Yosemite installation in the other drive, downloaded Clover Configurator and mounted the efi from the Mojave drive. Navigated to /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI and replaced ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi and AppleImageLoader-64.efi with ones I got from GitHub.

I rebooted the computer and this time it didn't get stuck on that message and finished the update installation (14 minutes left).

Thank you again.

Thank you again for taking the time to help me with this.

This is how I solved it, if someone has the same problem.

I booted into my Yosemite installation in the other drive, downloaded Clover Configurator and mounted the efi from the Mojave drive. Navigated to /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI and replaced ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi and AppleImageLoader-64.efi with ones I got from GitHub.

I rebooted the computer and this time it didn't get stuck on that message and finished the update installation (14 minutes left).

Thank you again.
Congrats:clap:. Thank you for posting how you fixed the problem to help others looking for a solution for the same.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back