Contribute
Register

[Solved] American Megatrends logo isn't showing up using the 530 graphics. I just get a black screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z170X-UD5
CPU
i5-6500
Graphics
Vega 56
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I am using a fresh install of macOS 10.12.6 with Clover 4152, and EVERY time I turn on my computer I just get a black screen when I use a displayport cable with the Intel 530 graphics. The American Megatrends logo doesn't appear and the only why I can get a visual is if I remove the CMOS battery for a few minutes then re-install it.

macOS does load and I am able to screen share into using another computer; but sadly the screen is still black. If I use the Intel 530 graphics when an HDMI cable then the American Megatrends logo does appear. Unfortunately the progress bar under the Apple logo only gets to about 75% then it locks up.

If I use the Intel 530 graphics when an HDMI cable then the American Megatrends logo does appear. Unfortunately the progress bar under the Apple logo only gets to about 75% then it locks up.
Boot your system in Verbose Mode and post a picture of your screen when it freezes/hangs.
At Clover Boot Screen press space bar and select Verbose (-v)

Boot your system in Verbose Mode and post a picture of your screen when it freezes/hangs.

Thanks BreBo!

I'll post it later tonight when I get back home from work.

Thanks again!

Something is wrong with my Clover EFI folder. I copied the folder from my USB installer drive and so fair things are working.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back