Classic Mac
  1. 512K
  2. iMac
  3. Power Mac
  4. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everybody,

normally I'm able to fix all problems on my hackintosh, but now it's time to get help from others.

My hardware config:
ASUS Sabertooth X58 (Firmware 1304)
Sapphire HD6870 1 GB
6 GB (3x2 GB Corsair XMS3 1600 Mhz)
Samsung SpinPoint HD103SM
OCZ Vertex 2 90 GB
Logitech Mouse LS6
Original Apple Keyboard

First, I have to say, everything was working fine until a crash of my previous HDD. So I installed a new HDD, started up from my Installer-Disk located on my SSD I had already used to install LION on the previous HDD, installed the Lion to the new HDD, booted from the SSD where Chimera 1.6 was previously attached and have chosen to start from my new Lion-Install. Then I've installed the actual MultiBeast 4.2.1 with

- UserDSDT Install (original DSDT-File from tonymac)
- 64 bit Mode but with GraphicsEnabler = no
- AppleHDA Rollback
- ALC8xxHDA
- IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector
- 3rdParty SATA
- USB 3.0 - NEC/Renesas
- Realtek Gigabit Ethernet
- Chimera v1.7.0 r1394
- PCI Root ID Fix
- Generate CPU States
- PCI Configuration Fix
- Use KernelCache
- MacPro 5,1

Installed and restarted, does proper booting from the new HDD.
So far, everything looks fine.

But when I install for e.g. Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection and start to use it, my mouse cursor disappers while using a remote connection. If I move my cursor, nothing happens to the display, but when I move my mouse to a position where it should be outside the window of RDC, and click on the right mouse button, then the cursor appears again.

I also have problems with certain java-script driven sites, such as drop down boxes, drop down menus etc.

In some games, especially installed from steam, I've the same problem as in RDC. Everytime I click mouse appears in a new position, but when I move my mouse cursors hangs at last clicked position.

Actually I've to questions:

1) Why must my graphics card have GraphicsEnabler switched to NO?
2) Does anybody know, if something changed to the mouse cursor controll in newer Multibeasts?

I promisse, my System has been working before crash, I had no problems with hanging cursors, Javascript-driven Sites etc.

Re: AMD Radeon HD 6870 cursor disappears

Did you run it with GraphicsEnabler = Yes??

I have almost the same exact hardware and am running Yes for my Graphics with a 64Bit Boot. I have no issues with any Steam games, I do not use Windows remote so I am unable to try and reproduce that issue. I also have no issue with any Java scrip sites.

eelhead said:

When I try to run it with GE = Yes, my Hackintosh starts, and after the part where you are able to see the verbose data, just before the login-screen, it hangs up with a light grey screen, no cursor or something else ...

On SnowLeopard is was able to use GE = Yes, but on my first install ( on the crashed HDD ), at was not able to activate GE.

EDIT:

I've seen your hackintosh in a beautiful G5 Case, and I've seen, that the mainboard is reversly mounted, and that you use the lower ports, so I decided to switch my ports too. The result is, that I'm able to switch on GE. But with no effect to my main problem, an only showing cursor, when clicking.

krys said:
eelhead said:

When I try to run it with GE = Yes, my Hackintosh starts, and after the part where you are able to see the verbose data, just before the login-screen, it hangs up with a light grey screen, no cursor or something else ...

On SnowLeopard is was able to use GE = Yes, but on my first install ( on the crashed HDD ), at was not able to activate GE.

EDIT:

I've seen your hackintosh in a beautiful G5 Case, and I've seen, that the mainboard is reversly mounted, and that you use the lower ports, so I decided to switch my ports too. The result is, that I'm able to switch on GE. But with no effect to my main problem, an only showing cursor, when clicking.

Yeah GPU is meant to be mounted in the PCI slot closest to the CPU.
If you got GE=Y to work doing this and you still have some issues maybe a software update is needed? I am not sure. Flash perhaps?

GPU was mounted to the closest PCIe-Slot next to CPU.

But in your G5, the mainboard is mounted otherwise, so lower ports are upper ports and vice versa.
I flashed the ROM of my 6870, but nothing happens to my issues. Javascript like the DSDT-Database can only be used by arrow keys. Other menus are not able to use.

As I told before, with an older version of Multibeast and its drivers it had done well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back