Contribute
Register

[solved] Alienware 15 R2 install EI capitan&install Mac Sierra Success

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, not sure if anyone experienced this. I have the AW 15 r2 late 2015 version (skylake). I used your EFI folder and i can boot to the install, both the HDD (1Tb) and the SSD (256Gb samsung pm951) are detected. However, everytime i try to format a partion for install on either disks gives an error (failed to format or failed to mount).
Both disks are GUID, i added the new partitions from windows then formated them as fat32 so that i can do a clean HFS format before install but it doesn't let me.
I can't take a chance and create the partitions on the installer as it may compromise the disk and i would lose all data in there.
Any clue?

Guys, not sure if anyone experienced this. I have the AW 15 r2 late 2015 version (skylake). I used your EFI folder and i can boot to the install, both the HDD (1Tb) and the SSD (256Gb samsung pm951) are detected. However, everytime i try to format a partion for install on either disks gives an error (failed to format or failed to mount).
Both disks are GUID, i added the new partitions from windows then formated them as fat32 so that i can do a clean HFS format before install but it doesn't let me.
I can't take a chance and create the partitions on the installer as it may compromise the disk and i would lose all data in there.
Any clue?

OS X is not well behaved with disks partitioned by other than OS X Disk Utility, but there are things you can check/do.

See this thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/133940-mavericks-windows-8-same-drive-without-erasing.html

Summary:
- OS X requires GPT, so if your Windows install is legacy, must convert to UEFI/GPT
- OS X doesn't like the MSR partition, so you have to remove it
- OS X requires 200+mb EFI partition, so if yours is smaller, must increase the size

Did you re-extact/re-patch ACPI?
i repatched my new DSDT and got this error.
IMG_3283.JPG

Summary:
- OS X requires GPT, so if your Windows install is legacy, must convert to UEFI/GPT
- OS X requires 200+mb EFI partition, so if yours is smaller, must increase the size[/QUOTE]
You were right, had to reformat the HDD and partition it from mac to have the right settings.
Now i am having a problem with display, either blinking screen at
OS X is not well behaved with disks partitioned by other than OS X Disk Utility, but there are things you can check/do.

See this thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/133940-mavericks-windows-8-same-drive-without-erasing.html

Summary:
- OS X requires 200+mb EFI partition, so if yours is smaller, must increase the size

Thanks RehabMan, i did a reformat of my SSD then did the partition from the installer, all good so far, OSX is running smooth with both Memory, Intel HD RAM and internal hard drives recognized.

At this point i want to patch my own ACPI tables (already extracted and disassembled from Linux), any links for patches specific to Chipset 170 ?

i figured it out just one more thing did anyone manged to make the killer WiFi work on osx ?
Hi hbinmohammed, Our components are identical, would you mind posting your EFI? I'd like to try it. I cant's see the 1TB or 256gb ssd. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back