Contribute
Register

[solved] Alienware 15 R2 install EI capitan&install Mac Sierra Success

Status
Not open for further replies.
What kind of SSD is installed in the laptop?
I currently have two installed as well as a 1TB HDD:
-Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB - M.2 SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-N5E500BW)
-Mushkin Enhanced Atlas Vital M.2 2280 120GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) MKNSSDAV120GB-D8

The 120GB drive is the OSX drive. I have successfully installed OSX onto that drive using the files provided by the OP, but I'm trying to reproduce his success on my own from the beginning.

I currently have two installed as well as a 1TB HDD:
-Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB - M.2 SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-N5E500BW)
-Mushkin Enhanced Atlas Vital M.2 2280 120GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) MKNSSDAV120GB-D8

The 120GB drive is the OSX drive. I have successfully installed OSX onto that drive using the files provided by the OP, but I'm trying to reproduce his success on my own from the beginning.

Those devices are all SATA, so no NVMe issues... Did you use SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext?

Those devices are all SATA, so no NVMe issues... Did you use SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext?
Yes. It's included in my CLOVER.zip file in my earlier post

What kind of SSD is installed in the laptop?

USB crash is probably caused by SSDT-3. Use DropTables to drop it ("xh_rvp10"). You can try it from the Clover GUI...

USB crash is probably caused by SSDT-3. Use DropTables to drop it ("xh_rvp10"). You can try it from the Clover GUI...
That did it, thank you very much!

USB is perfect. Now I'm working on QE/CI:

Has anyone with the 4K screen option gotten QE/CI working? My current setup works but without acceleration. Whenever I remove the Intel GFX "Fake-ID", I get a kernel panic:
Code:
<dict>
  <key>IntelGFX</key>
    <string>0x19160000</string>
</dict>

Besides what's in my clover.zip, I've also patched IOKit with DarkVoid's patch:
Code:
# Run the following command in order to patch IOKit in order to disable CheckTimingWithRange
sudo perl -i.bak -pe 's|\xB8\x01\x00\x00\x00\xF6\xC1\x01\x0F\x85|\x33\xC0\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90\xE9|sg' /System/Library/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/Versions/Current/IOKit
sudo codesign -f -s - /System/Library/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/Versions/Current/IOKit

Has anyone gotten past this?

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 160
  • IMG_20161107_024136.jpg
    IMG_20161107_024136.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 137
Ok, 1st thing, our Nvidia graphic card is the only one used to control Audio and Video through HDMI, so you should not have any problems to get it work. Without kext patching you won't be able to get it work as iMac 17,1. So first use this app AGDPfix.app.zip attached (from here https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/black-screen-with-macpro-6-1-or-imac-15-or-imac-17-system-definition.183113/).
This will fix your problem with HDMI video out not working with an iMac 17,1 smbios.

Then try these ACPI tables (remove everything inside your /EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched and copy the ones attached inside). Use kext utility to repair your kexts and rebuild cache.

Also attached the updated version of AppleHDA for 10.12.1 (again, credits to wern apfel).

Let me know how it goes.
any suggestions? @slayer23a
7930E0DBBE8A8A3E1AAD6C9A075253A9.jpg

I can attach my newest files without this issue later today. But in the meantime a few things seamed to work for me:
1-Boot to windows then restart to Mac (without shutdown in between)

2-Using iMac 17,1 as smbios.
-Renaming GFX0 to IGPU in all ACPI

Try it let and let me know.

I can attach my newest files without this issue later today. But in the meantime a few things seamed to work for me:
1-Boot to windows then restart to Mac (without shutdown in between)

2-Using iMac 17,1 as smbios.
-Renaming GFX0 to IGPU in all ACPI

Try it let and let me know.
tried, but not work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back