Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] ALC1150 (GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK) Yosemite 10.10.2 - No Sound after Multibeast and No Sound After W

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Just finished the build of my latest Hackintosh based on a Gigabyte 9-series main board with ALC1150 on-board sound. Everything worked perfectly (sleep, wake, iMessages, CPU States, Ethernet, ...) except Sound.

After fiddling around for a while and trying different solutions suggested from this forum (none of which solved my issue) I discovered this solution worked for me and now I have a 100% build (Chimera/Multibeast, no Clover!). For all it's worth let me share, in hopes it my help someone else struggling.

Stuff that didn't work:
- Installing the ALC1150 sound driver from MultiBeast 7.1.0 would result in no devices being added to the system (Output and Input menus in the Sound preference pane would be empty).

- After installing the ALC1150 sound driver from MultiBeast 7.1.0 and patching it using
https://github.com/toleda/audio_RealtekALC/audio_alc_9series-hda-93_patch.command.zip
and rebooting, sound device would appear in the Sound Preferences Pane, but wouldn't wake up after sleep.

What finally worked:
- However, installing the ALC1150 sound driver from MultiBeast 6.1.0 and patching THAT AppleHDA.kext using https://github.com/toleda/audio_RealtekALC/audio_alc_9series-hda-93_patch.command.zip would result in sound devices available after reboot, AND, sound waking up properly after sleep.

Just finished the build of my latest Hackintosh based on a Gigabyte 9-series main board with ALC1150 on-board sound. Everything worked perfectly (sleep, wake, iMessages, CPU States, Ethernet, ...) except Sound.

After fiddling around for a while and trying different solutions suggested from this forum (none of which solved my issue) I discovered this solution worked for me and now I have a 100% build (Chimera/Multibeast, no Clover!). For all it's worth let me share, in hopes it my help someone else struggling.

Stuff that didn't work:
- Installing the ALC1150 sound driver from MultiBeast 7.1.0 would result in no devices being added to the system (Output and Input menus in the Sound preference pane would be empty).

- After installing the ALC1150 sound driver from MultiBeast 7.1.0 and patching it using
https://github.com/toleda/audio_RealtekALC/audio_alc_9series-hda-93_patch.command.zip
and rebooting, sound device would appear in the Sound Preferences Pane, but wouldn't wake up after sleep.

What finally worked:
- However, installing the ALC1150 sound driver from MultiBeast 6.1.0 and patching THAT AppleHDA.kext using https://github.com/toleda/audio_RealtekALC/audio_alc_9series-hda-93_patch.command.zip would result in sound devices available after reboot, AND, sound waking up properly after sleep.

file not found any chance for a mirror? thanks!

I finally got this mobo working with Yosemite, but no sound.

Thanks for your post, it works now! (that is out of the orange port instead of the green, but at least I have sound!)

I finally got this mobo working with Yosemite, but no sound.

Thanks for your post, it works now! (that is out of the orange port instead of the green, but at least I have sound!)

Green [FRONT PANEL] or Green [BACK PANEL] ?

I'm using GREEN [FRONT PANEL], listening to Spotify right now ;-) Never used any of the back ports.

Green [FRONT PANEL] or Green [BACK PANEL] ?

I'm using GREEN [FRONT PANEL], listening to Spotify right now ;-) Never used any of the back ports.

After a bit more playing around I reloaded drivers from the Multibeast Yosemite edition
ALC1150
Optional HDAEnabler > Audio ID: 1

I had wrong Output settings initially in System Preferences, changed it from Line Out to Internal Speakers :oops:

Works properly now!

Hi All
I have been trying for sometime now to resolve the issue of no sound after sleep GA-Z97 with ALC1150 Audio - Firstly no problems at all in installing and configuring this using Multibeast 7.2 for post install on 10.10.2 - this is now the 4th iteration of this hack it started life as MountainLion then Mavericks and now Yosemite - Yosemite was a complete new install with the 10.10.2 on top. I used Multibeast to as the postconfiguration tool. Literally the only thing I cannot get working is wake after sleep for sound.
My current workaround to this problem is to re run Multibeast and select ALC1150 and Audio 1 option and install just these device again - marginally quicker and convenient than a reboot.
I even tried undloading and loading the AppleHDA kexts unloaded and stopped the sound beautifully however did not load up again.

What finally worked:
Hey man, this thread might be my lifesaver. I'm so close I can smell it... last thing not working on my GA-Z97X-US3H (non-BK version) is the sound and I'm hopeful I can use this thread to help me solve it.

Before I begin I need you to confirm something.. the above quote says you used the ALC1150 driver from Multibeast 6.1.0, which as far as I can tell is for Mavericks.

Is it a typo and did you mean 7.1.0? Or did you actually utilize 6.1.0 on Yosemite?

Once I hear back I'll move forward and attempt the fix.

Thanks for the post!

My solution:

I used Multibeast 7.2 to change my system definition to iMac15,1. That's it. Sound works reliably after sleep/wake cycles. There is only one caveat. Every now and then, after going a while without any sounds playing, I get an audible "Pop" through my powered speakers that indicates to me the sound subsystem went to sleep and the OS had to wake it up again.

In other words, by using the iMac15,1 definition, the OS seems to pay more attention to sound issues and will reset the sound if needed.

One more thing. I'm using Audio Layout 1, and have my powered speakers plugged into the BLACK audio port on the back of the motherboard. I have never gotten sound out of the GREEN port.

My solution:

I used Multibeast 7.2 to change my system definition to iMac15,1. That's it. Sound works reliably after sleep/wake cycles. There is only one caveat. Every now and then, after going a while without any sounds playing, I get an audible "Pop" through my powered speakers that indicates to me the sound subsystem went to sleep and the OS had to wake it up again.

In other words, by using the iMac15,1 definition, the OS seems to pay more attention to sound issues and will reset the sound if needed.

One more thing. I'm using Audio Layout 1, and have my powered speakers plugged into the BLACK audio port on the back of the motherboard. I have never gotten sound out of the GREEN port.

The sleep issue is indeed not on the black line out. I was using the green on the back. But when I plugged in my headset on the black on the back of the mainboard and changed the sound van internal speaker to line out. I had sound!
thank you very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back