Graphics
GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have had a very stable 10.12.6 install for many months now. I decided I wanted to use the optical output on my board. It did not show up in the Sound Preferences so I installed a couple of drivers in Multibeast. I don't remember which ones. I had opened up Clover to see what was there and it updated (?). I made no changes in Clover.

I rebooted, saw the BIOS splash screen and then for about a half second I see "Welcome to Clover 4233....scan entries... followed by a Black Screen and the computer reboots in a loop. No settings in Bios changes anything. I have tried to boot from the second hard drive and my USB Unibeast Installer, Load Optimized Defaults but nothing works. First time I have ever had this problem.

I was able to boot from a Win 10 Pro Drive that I sometimes use for hardware updates but no macOS drives.

GIGABYTE Z170X-UD5 TH - F21
i7 6700K
32GB Ram
GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 8GB

Last edited:
Turns out, after I installed the audio driver, I rebooted, and my 6TB Raid Drive failed (unbelievably) and prevented Clover from loading. I lost everything on the drives. It's just a capture drive for videos that I transfer to my NAS.
It took a long time to get there but everything works again and I got the audio working (digital out) also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back