Contribute
Register

[solved] ACPI extraction/disassembly issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro 15
CPU
Core i5-8250U
Graphics
Intel UHD Graphics 620
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello, I'm trying to patch the ACPI of my Xiaomi Notebook Pro. I've already done this process many times before, even with the older Xiaomi Notebook Air without any problems. The issue I have however is that I can't get an error free dissassebly, and I suspect that the issue also lies within the extraction.

The issue:
- I get a bunch of failed lookups in DSDT.dsl
- I get <1, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_NAMESEG, expecting PARSEOP_DEFINITION_BLOCK and premature End-Of-File > when I try to compile

As per [Guide] Patching LAPTOP DSDT/SSDTs, I've done the following:
- installed the latest Clover (rev. 4392)
- pressed F4 while in the Clover menu to extract the ACPI to /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/origin
- built the latest iasl from GitHub
- created the refs.text
- disassembled with the iasl -da -dl DSDT.aml SSDT*.aml command

A few observations:
- when I use -da I get an error so I guess that the references are already embedded (this being a new laptop and all)
- although I've extracted the ACPI many times with F4, I always end up with SSDT-x10*****.aml
- they aren't duplicates because, as stated in the guide, they must have the same filesizes to be such
- even by removing those X ssdts, the issue persists

Any thoughts? Thanks a lot in advance.

Attachments

• origin.zip
    64.5 KB · Views: 91
Hello, I'm trying to patch the ACPI of my Xiaomi Notebook Pro. I've already done this process many times before, even with the older Xiaomi Notebook Air without any problems. The issue I have however is that I can't get an error free dissassebly, and I suspect that the issue also lies within the extraction.

The issue:
- I get a bunch of failed lookups in DSDT.dsl
- I get <1, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_NAMESEG, expecting PARSEOP_DEFINITION_BLOCK and premature End-Of-File > when I try to compile

As per [Guide] Patching LAPTOP DSDT/SSDTs, I've done the following:
- installed the latest Clover (rev. 4392)
- pressed F4 while in the Clover menu to extract the ACPI to /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/origin
- built the latest iasl from GitHub
- created the refs.text
- disassembled with the iasl -da -dl DSDT.aml SSDT*.aml command

A few observations:
- when I use -da I get an error so I guess that the references are already embedded (this being a new laptop and all)
- although I've extracted the ACPI many times with F4, I always end up with SSDT-x10*****.aml
- they aren't duplicates because, as stated in the guide, they must have the same filesizes to be such
- even by removing those X ssdts, the issue persists

Any thoughts? Thanks a lot in advance.

I disassembled your files: iasl -da -dl DSDT.aml SSDT*.aml

The resulting DSDT.dsl has only one error related to BNUM (very common). Easily fixed by removing the extraneous 'External (BNUM, ...' line.

Conclusion: Nothing unusual here.

Doesn't work for me at all, cause there is an entire block of errors before the actual code.

I've used iasl -da -dl DSDT.aml SSDT*.aml now.

I've attached some more files for you. Thanks a lot for your kind help.

Attachments

• Maciasl_screenshot.png
    Maciasl_screenshot.png
    353.9 KB · Views: 190
  • origin_disassembled.zip
    180.6 KB · Views: 81
  • stderr_output.txt
    274.2 KB · Views: 291
Last edited:
Got it working by rebuilding the iasl binary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back