Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
GIGABYTE Z68X-UD3H-B3

already running on 10.7.3 but audio refuses to work whatever I try.

Before I'm going to test the 889-beta-lion I would highly appreciate your help, since I've already managed to get a kernel panic after trying to fix audio with multibeast:

in my s/l/e there are several audio kext:
ACL8xxHDA
HDAEnabler889
AppleHDA
AppleHDA1062
AudioPCDriver
AUdioAUUC

Are they all needed - can I / do I have to delete some/all of them?

Any help on which ones and how-to would be greatly appreciated :)

Re: ACL889 newbie question

If you are planning to test the AppleHDA beta lion for ALC889
Copy these KEXTS to another backup location.
Delete these from S/L/E
ACL8xxHDA
HDAEnabler889
AppleHDA
AppleHDA1062

Download the beta lion kext and place on desktop and use KextBeast and install to /Sl/E
Run multibeast and
-->select Rebuilt Cache + Permission

reboot.

Thanks, but unfortunately it fully killed my install, ended up in an endless reboot cycle :(

I am now back on, still with no sound at all - pfewwww - this is now my - hm - 6th clean install, I am getting frustrated, since the board should at least in theory work like a charm :)

Any help appreciated!

just for info - lion is sitting on a 1st ocz-ssd, after reboot win7 boot is possible with the bootloader from a 2nd ocz-ssd - damn, sorry for that (!) - everything is working - including cloud and app store, except for the sound! :banghead:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks soooooooo much, this did the trick!!!!

FAQ:

1. My sound isn’t working!
a. I had that problem too, simply run MultiBeast again checking System Utilities, and under Audio make sure Realtek 8xx and HDA Rollback are checked. Run it and reboot.

I cannot believe it. Since 3 days I am trying so hard, but now it is done!

Fantastic! Please keep up the great work!

Maybe someone here can help me. I am having issues with my Audio card. Here are my specs:

Motherboard- Gigabyte P55A-U3D

Processor- i7 2.93GHz

Ram- 12GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Audio- Realtek ACL889

Graphics Card- Radion HD 5870

Hard Drive- 500GB

So I can get everything else going great, except Audio and being able to log into the app store. I don't know what DSDT to use so I do the generic boot option and it works, but I cannot use the specific .kext file for the audio driver, so I'm stuck using the VooDoo Stuff. Well here is a screenshot of what I do:

When the voodoo either installs or after i reboot it, my speakers "pop" on and then it kernel panics.

So if there is anything that I am doing wrong or help which what is in red I'd appreciate the help!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-03-22 at 6.02.06 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-03-22 at 6.02.06 PM.png
    101.7 KB · Views: 260
  • Screen Shot 2012-03-22 at 6.02.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-03-22 at 6.02.26 PM.png
    98.2 KB · Views: 269
I already did. I didn't select audio because nothing works. And I do not want to kernel panic again. I did make a post already, but as I wash;t getting help there, I went looking and tried asking some one who already set theirs up. Sorry :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back