i5-7500
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
VoodooHDA.kext don't work proper, and the KPs are too much. I found efi strings for graphics and for web, but not for sound. Can anyone help me with an indication or a guide?

Re: Where can I find a guide to create an efi string for alc662

My motherboard is Asrock h-61m-s and I didn't find "Device (HDEF)" The "Method (_DSM, 4, NoSerialized) looks different. Here is my DSDT.aml. How can I edit it?

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    27.7 KB · Views: 287

I become an error: 4046 Object does not exist (DTGP). I posted the output from the dsdt.dsl new compilation. Thank You in advance!

Attachments

• err.txt
    2.1 KB · Views: 333

Thank You! It has worked, now I'll try it.
I downloaded EFIStudio 1.1, and when I launch it, I have just the followed possibilities:
Select Device: Display, Ethernet, AZAL and HDEF. My graphic card is a GeForce 210 and is not in the list. Ethernet seems to be a network card, isn't? But AZAL and HDEF there isn't on my system. How can I work with my EFIStudio? Please, help me again.

HDEF is recognized with the first layout-id (0x96, ...), I copied the hexadecimal code to /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist, but steel no sound. And now i have no more the default resolution (instead 1680x1050, just 1024x768). AZAL isn't recognized. I tried the second layout-id too, with the same result. I installed the nvidia updates from tonymacx, but the some result: no sound, no default resolution. But I am hopeful.
I have as a second Operating System Mandriva 2010.2 and I found about my audio devices:
1. High Definition Audio Controller PCI Revision: 0xa1, Vendor id: 0x10de, Device id: 0x0be3
2. Device 1c20, PCI Revision: 0x05, Vendor id: 0x8086, Device id: 0x1c20
Are these data necessary?

I must read all the documentation. It seems to be a conflict between my graphics card and my sound chipset. So, an efi string is not a solution for me. So the case, I deleted the efi from my com.apple.Boot.plist (org.chameleon.Boot.plist) and now I have again a normal resolution and no sound. However, I have now my high definition sound device recognized. I attach a file with the screenshot of my audio situation.

Attachments

• omarsMacPro.png
    omarsMacPro.png
    96.1 KB · Views: 578

I think so. I don't know how to modify AppleHDA, because I don't know how it were made.
I have to wait until this problem is solved, or to search on the internet.

I found a ALC662 modified kext and i attach it.
I found a command to patch it: sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x85\x08\xec\x10|\x62\x06\xec\x10|g' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA

I have not understood: how to name the device, if I delete his name, HDEF;
Then, the former HDEF Device was between the BR20 Device and SAT0 Device. May remain the same place?

Thank You for Your help!

Attachments

• AppleHDA.kext-10.6.4-ALC662.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 270

First of all, I must learn about HDA Wizard. I'm searching now for a something like a manual on the net. What I tried until now don't works at all, so I have to dig deeper. I hope, You will help me in the future too, but I must at least try, to help myself too. Isn't?

God bless You!
Now I have sound and is from very good quality. I removed the DSDT file and I think, I give it up.
Sincerely, I am grateful to you for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back