Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Lisa
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Just got a 6950x to replace my 5820k. I can get it to boot from the USB using Config.Plist from this guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...o-x99-successful-build-extended-guide.227001/

otherwise i used the tonymacx86 unibeast guide / my own install guide to make the usb disk: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...sierra-10-13-clover-guide-100-working.240052/ (this guide is the same setup just used the 5820k cpu)

After installing multibeast with the 6950x I can't get it to boot. At first i was getting the prohibition sign. But i think I fixed that. But now it acts like it is going to boot, then just restarts when it finishes, or does the boot to the black screen thing. Using nvidia web drivers, but its working when i boot from the usb, just not from hard drive... I have a 1080ti.

I have gotten this system working perfectly with the 5820k. the only thing i changed is the cpu. How can I make this 6950x work. Preferably explain to me in simple terms vs the long guides I see online (too complicated for me). If there is a kext or something I am missing let me know.

Thanks

ok got it to boot but it says cpu unknown in the about this Mac section is that bad?

Ok now when i overclock it freezes on boot? But works fine in windows?

Ok found out overclock wasnt stable. Turned it down to 4.0ghz & now it seems to be working but playback not as smooth in premiere as it was with my 5820k... Somethings wrong

ok fixed everything about cpu being recognized. its about as good as it can get. and the cpu is TRASH in premiere compared to my 5820k. I'm returning this GARBAGE. It was supposed to blow my 5820k out of the water... wow... 6950x = overhyped TRASH ultra trash the ultimate TRASH!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back