Contribute
Register

SOLVED 64 bit for the 5770 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 64 bit for the 5770 ?

I don't think it is a multibeast issue.
I won't pretend to understand everything, but I believe that you can have 64bit graphics if you are willing to edit your dsdt.

There are a few users on here who have it working on a 5770 or 5750 card, but I've not heard of anyone else with the 5xxx series going 64bit boot.

It seems that the issue is mostly DOA because it really isn't important for most everybody on a hackintosh, which is not to say that you shouldn't want it, but that it may be more wotk than a simple flick of a GUI option box for you at the current time.

If you are still interested search the forums and try insanely mac, until you go insane and give up.

:banghead:

EDIT:
Although, I found this stickied to this very forum, so who knows?

Hi MacMan,

I asked about this in another thread - so thanks it is a pity about the 64bit, however saw this today as it might be that the ATY_Init might be the problem.

Have a look here somebody claims to have got a 5970 working in 64bit.

http://www.efixusers.com/showthread.php?t=872

I followed your guide using multibeast and got a R5770 MSI Hawk sort of working via HDMI only with 1920/1080.

I tried it with my 5770 with no luck. I am trying to get the source for the modifications so it can be added to the newest version of Chameleon.

coelo said:
I don't think it is a multibeast issue.
I won't pretend to understand everything, but I believe that you can have 64bit graphics if you are willing to edit your dsdt.

There are a few users on here who have it working on a 5770 or 5750 card, but I've not heard of anyone else with the 5xxx series going 64bit boot.

It seems that the issue is mostly DOA because it really isn't important for most everybody on a hackintosh, which is not to say that you shouldn't want it, but that it may be more wotk than a simple flick of a GUI option box for you at the current time.

If you are still interested search the forums and try insanely mac, until you go insane and give up.

:banghead:

EDIT:
Although, I found this stickied to this very forum, so who knows?

Hi MacMan,

I asked about this in another thread - so thanks it is a pity about the 64bit, however saw this today as it might be that the ATY_Init might be the problem.

Have a look here somebody claims to have got a 5970 working in 64bit.

http://www.efixusers.com/showthread.php?t=872

I followed your guide using multibeast and got a R5770 MSI Hawk sort of working via HDMI only with 1920/1080.

[quote:lu8ne47h]I tried it with my 5770 with no luck. I am trying to get the source for the modifications so it can be added to the newest version of Chameleon.
[/quote:lu8ne47h]

Please read the forum ... people have got the 5770 working in 64 bit mode.

Sometimes...
configuring a hackintosh is like being on the first half of an acid trip.
You take on an endeavor that you know you must see through till the end.
You take the ticket and ride.
You get overwhelmed with the seeming intricacy of the universe and then onward to inevitable obsession over one stage, detail or step towards the true enlightenment of a vanilla install.
You get stuck and disoriented. You have no clue where you are, relative to the whole picture.
You forget each step is a trial, that must be at once followed thoroughly and transcended, almost simultaneously...and because this is difficult to do...
You get stuck.
And then you remember that silent mantra, that certain simple truth,
You take the ticket and ride...

Here you go...

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5779

ATI 5770 in 64bit,
this info is gathered from another 5970 and 5870 install.
I tailored the steps for a 5870 install.

good luck.

GOT IT BUY MISSTAKE WITH 10.6.5 BETA.this is what is did i is stalled staled rc5
then the boot 9 file =the 10.5.6 beta then i removed the ATY.lnit.kext install the PCI root fix and the <key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string></string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
from MultiBeast and restart
make shor that u have your sound for 64 bit

peterkeating said:
Sometimes...
configuring a hackintosh is like being on the first half of an acid trip.
You take on an endeavor that you know you must see through till the end.
You take the ticket and ride.
You get overwhelmed with the seeming intricacy of the universe and then onward to inevitable obsession over one stage, detail or step towards the true enlightenment of a vanilla install.
You get stuck and disoriented. You have no clue where you are, relative to the whole picture.
You forget each step is a trial, that must be at once followed thoroughly and transcended, almost simultaneously...and because this is difficult to do...
You get stuck.
And then you remember that silent mantra, that certain simple truth,
You take the ticket and ride...

Here you go...

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5779

ATI 5770 in 64bit,
this info is gathered from another 5970 and 5870 install.
I tailored the steps for a 5870 install.

good luck.

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

J

im trying to get my ATI HD 5770 and being a noobie at all this, i cannot get it to work. Ive read several post but they are not explaining exactly what needs to be done to get it to work.

I only get 1024x768 in my options for screen resolutions....

Can anyone please help?

What are the kext to load? where to get them?

System profiler doesnt even see it.

what are trying to get to 32 or 64 and who makes your 5770?

this s is what i did i is stalled the rc5 1st the boot9 file will replace the boot file and add the com.apple.Boot.plist to the Extra or used MultiBeast to do this and i removed the ATI_lint Uakari is in in the Extensions in the system folder

make sure u have the Snow Leopard Graphics Update you can get the here http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1083

Attachments

• stuff for osx 64bit.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 73
So let me re-iterate:

1) Get the upgrade to the Graphics from Apple.
2) Install Chameleon RC5
3) copy com.apple.boot.plist from your package and install in /e
4) remove ATY_init kext from /s/l/e

I dont understant the part about the boot 9...?!?

Will this work in both 32 and 64bit?

Use the SHOW ALL FILES application

Look in the root of your Snow Leopard drive in finder, you should see a greyed out file called "boot" - replace this with the "boot" file from Boot9.

You can always get back to the MultiBeast install by re-running MultiBeast - and use iBoot CD if you can't even boot into OSX as iBoot over-rides DSDT and Boot settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back