Contribute
Register

[solved] 64-bit ALC889 possible? (CustoMac 2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA Z77 DS3H 1.1 (iMac13,2)
CPU
i7
Graphics
GTX 660
Hi all, has anyone had any luck getting audio working in a 64-bit version of MacMan's CustoMac Pro 2010 build?

I've been able to get everything working 64-bit except sound. Are there drivers available?

Many thanks for any help you can give.

Re: 64-bit ALC889 possible? (CustoMac 2010)

mkaen said:
Hi all, has anyone had any luck getting audio working in a 64-bit version of MacMan's CustoMac Pro 2010 build?

I've been able to get everything working 64-bit except sound. Are there drivers available?

Many thanks for any help you can give.
Did you follow my install guide, viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4837?

Re: 64-bit ALC889 possible? (CustoMac 2010)

MacMan said:
Did you follow my install guide, viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4837?
Absolutely. Your guide has become my bible. :D

But now that I mention it, I can't seem to get sound working even in 32-bit...though I did have it working on my initial time through your guide. (I just posted onto the tail end of your install guide post, moments before your response here.)

Many thanks for any suggestions you may have.

EDIT: ok to be precise, I'm not following it 100% to the letter -- instead I'm using 10.6.5 combo updater, and omitting the JMicron kexts, as I don't need or want that add'l sata functionality.

[solved] Re: 64-bit ALC889 possible? (CustoMac 2010)

Somebody slap me.

In my quest to get rid of the high-pitched electronic squeaking/chattering I hear coming from my motherboard, I apparently disabled "Azalia" audio at some point. Yeah, turns out that's not some fancy alternative audio hardware... Switched it back on and voila! Facepalm.

Will try again w/ the 64-bit attempt and report back...

EDIT: oops, sorry MacMan, I now see that you posted a response saying that you do indeed have 64-bit w/ audio working. that makes me hopeful...going to go try it (again) myself now. thanks!

EDIT 2: works great. this thread is done. the basic steps I followed are below if anyone's interested.

64-bit customac -- yes sound will work fine:
Install as usual--
Multibeast with:
- user DSDT
- kext for audio (LegacyHDA - 889)
- Chameleon RC5 ATI Experimental
- com.apple.boot.plist -- 64-bit Apple boot screen (i.e., graphics enabler = yes)
- appropriate smbios.plist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back