Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-Z170X-DESIGNARE
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
RX570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
I see both of my networks in the network list, and I can connect to both, but only the 2,4 gHz is working. When I connect to 5 gHz, there is no internet connection.

Is there a workaround for this?

I see both of my networks in the network list, and I can connect to both, but only the 2,4 gHz is working. When I connect to 5 gHz, there is no internet connection.

I've been having this problem after my Hack sleeps. It's fine until it wakes and then the 5ghz connection is useless. Do you get "Resolving host" in Chrome when trying to browse? I also notice that the Tx rate becomes limited to 200mbps, when it normally hovers around the 450 mark. You can check this by Alt clicking the Wifi icon.

What fixes it for me is changing the channel width setting on my router for the 5ghz network. It's normally on Auto but the options are 20, 40 and 80mhz. I find changing it to 80mhz sorts the problem. I can then change it back to Auto and it still works. I have no idea why this works, but it does. Thankfully my router doesn't restart itself when changing the channel width setting, so it's not toooo inconvenient. I don't understand why it doesn't affect the 2.4ghz network...

Hope this works for you! I've disabled sleep again as I've had no end of issues with it. I'd be curious to know what Wifi card you're using?

Without information on your WiFi hardware, no one can really provide any advice...

I found the answer a couple of posts up. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back