Graphics
NVIDIA GEFORCE 760 AND INTEL HD GRAPHICS 4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys, anyone who tried a fresh install recently with the latest MacOS 10.12.2 - there is an NVIDIA driver missing from your list for the latest one - 10.12.12 (16C68) - (367.15.10.25f02). Found it through http://www.macvidcards.com/drivers.html
I'm still now sure if it helps me at all because I eventually found that what was missing for my system is the more complicated process of installing a customized Clover with "Drivers64UEFI-> EmuVideoDxe-64" package (after much trial and error...)

My 4K Samsung monitor doesn't look as sharp or pretty as when I'm running windows... and I'm thinking it has something to do with what's shown in the picture here. Does anyone know how to fix this into 4K resolution (it's showing a full HD resolution in system specs)?
Screen Shot 2016-12-21 at 18.14.20.png

Hey guys, anyone who tried a fresh install recently with the latest MacOS 10.12.2 - there is an NVIDIA driver missing from your list for the latest one - 10.12.12 (16C68) - (367.15.10.25f02). Found it through http://www.macvidcards.com/drivers.html
tonymacx86 had update his Sierra Nvidia sticky thread with that version when it came out.

As for your 4K monitor interface problem, I recommend you open a new thread description the problem above as this thread is just an announcement thread for the Nvidia drivers. TIA.

Ok thanks! It's still missing from the list here, but I guess I have more to learn on how to navigate the threads on the website. Overall I'm super excited about how my computer turned out thanks to you guys. I implemented RAID0 with 2 SSD drives through the native MacOS Disk Utility, and now my computer is 3 times as fast as when I had only Windows installed. This was super complicated to set up, and this is another thing I can contribute with, I just never posted before so I'm not exactly sure how the threads are organized... Should I just make a new thread with a title of "how to make your PC work 3 times faster than Windows"? Because I tried creating RAID0 with BIOS for installong windows and it was not nearly as successful as the method I came to find...

Ok thanks! It's still missing from the list here, but I guess I have more to learn on how to navigate the threads on the website. Overall I'm super excited about how my computer turned out thanks to you guys. I implemented RAID0 with 2 SSD drives through the native MacOS Disk Utility, and now my computer is 3 times as fast as when I had only Windows installed. This was super complicated to set up, and this is another thing I can contribute with, I just never posted before so I'm not exactly sure how the threads are organized... Should I just make a new thread with a title of "how to make your PC work 3 times faster than Windows"? Because I tried creating RAID0 with BIOS for installong windows and it was not nearly as successful as the method I came to find...

It has been added. This is a general troubleshooting threat for Nvidia GPUs and I update it when I can with new info.

Yes, make a new thread. Probably, the best place is to create a build description in the User Builds forum section using the sticky thread Template. Review the outline and formatting in the Template by looking at the Golden Builds build descriptions.

Good Luck! Welcome to the Forum!

Well I ended up finding on Apple's mac forums guys that talk connecting external displays to their real macs, and this guy said that he found played with the monitor's settings and found that putting sharpness to 55% was exactly the sweet spot (by default it's 100% for my particular 4K display). So I did that and I'm pretty much set. I tested that I'm getting real 4K and I'm gonna live with it it's very close to how it was with Windows. The main point is that you try to play with the monitors settings, not necessarily with the computers...

This really should be transferred into another thread like stork had suggested... Stork, can you cut and paste these messages into a new thread?

This really should be transferred into another thread like stork had suggested... Stork, can you cut and paste these messages into a new thread?
Done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back