Contribute
Register

[SOLVED!] 2700k--Z68X-UD3H, not running fast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
CPU
Graphics
XFX Radeon 6870 2gb
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I just built my first Hackintosh. Thanks to this amazing community, installation and setup has been a BREEZE. I remember trying to do this back in 2008 and it was a headache.

Here is my current setup:
-i7 2700k
-16GB Corsair RAM
-XFX 6870 2gb
-Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3
-OWC Accelsior 120GB SSD (I learned today that when using both x16 slots, they throttle to x8 :( )
-Crucial M4 512GB SSD (home folder)

Bought them all from Amazon, and installation and setup was as smooth as butter.

I have a 2010 Mac Pro 6-core with 24GB of RAM and 5870. It has a Geekbench score of 16000+. When I test my new hackintosh, it's getting around 6000... While the machine feels super fast and snappy, I'm curious why I would be getting such a low score? Everything seems set up right, but, I'm curious if there is something else missing. Here are the steps I took:

1. Install from USB drive (download from Mac Store)
2. Boot to Unibeast, install onto OWC SSD
3. Boot again to the USB drive, and finalize OSX install. Run Multibeast and added all of the settings as seen here: viewtopic.php?f=264&t=47830
4. Updated the SSDT as I read it was necessary...installed the i7 overclock (since I'm running 43x in BIOS...4.3ghz and is stable)

Any thoughts? Cinebench is also really low...I would really really appreciate any guidance on this one!

cinebench.png

geekbench.png

aboutmac.png

Re: 2700k--Z68X-UD3H, not running fast, missing something?

Are you on 10.7.4 if so you have u got a ssdt installed from multi beast and are you sure your on 64 bit because 32 bit limits everything

i think you need to get a ssdt for muitbeast make sure its the over clocked one

Edit Have u got the latest cinebench

Yes, running 10.7.4, downloaded it from the App store yesterday.

Ran Multibeast, then the SSDT for i7 overclocked. CPU is running at 4.3ghz.

Geekbench is 64bit mode, score of roughly 6000 even. Did you mean 64bit osx? If so, then yes.

ssdt.png

Oh thats strange and have you tried any benchmarks in windows yet or not

Me, I'm not using an SSDT.

But in my boot.plist I have this:
<key>DropSSDT</key>
<string>Yes</string>

powerpcg5 said:
Me, I'm not using an SSDT.

But in my boot.plist I have this:
<key>DropSSDT</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Tried that, didn't work...I put it at the last of the strings, not sure if that would make a difference.

Which version of 10.7 are you running?

OK, so I think I solved it!

I went back in to the BIOS and selected "Load Optimized defaults". Then the only thing I changed was the multiplier to 43. "About this Mac" only shows 4.19, and so did Geekbench, but, I got a much better score!

Cinebench also seems much much better. I removed the SSDT, not sure if I should add it back in to get higher than 4.19ghz, not sure if that makes a difference, but I removed the boot.plist addition you had mentioned above.

geekbench2.png

cinebench2.png

You are getting good results therr now I only get around 10000 in geekbench and 40 fps and 5 pts in cinebemch do you think I should overclock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back