1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Performa
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

I successfully installed 10.7.4 on my system and its running great. Everything seems to work perfectly, accept my memory. Despite the fact, that the memory is 1600 MHz, my motherboard recognizes it as 1333 MHz in [AUTO] position in the BIOS. No Problem with that, since I can tweak it in the BIOS (thats what i thought). Whatever I'm doing to change the values, I get a kernel panic while booting up the system.

How can I solve the problem? Can anyone help?

Cheers

T

Re: 1600 MHz Memory runs at 1333 MHz

Tobsn001 said:
Hi all,

I successfully installed 10.7.4 on my system and its running great. Everything seems to work perfectly, accept my memory. Despite the fact, that the memory is 1600 MHz, my motherboard recognizes it as 1333 MHz in [AUTO] position in the BIOS. No Problem with that, since I can tweak it in the BIOS (thats what i thought). Whatever I'm doing to change the values, I get a kernel panic while booting up the system.

How can I solve the problem? Can anyone help?

Cheers

T

Normally choosing Profile 1 would select 1600mhz and all would be fine, which RAM are you using? Have you selected any other changes in the Bios apart from Optimised Defaults, AHCI, HPET 64. Make sure you have not selected Quick Boot although I would expect RAM to be detected correctly even with that selected.
How many sticks of RAM are installed and are they installed in the correct slots if only 2 used?

Hi,

the modules are zwo 8GB DDR 3 RAM sticks from G.E.I.L. installed in the A0 and A1 slot.

T

Tobsn001 said:
Hi,

the modules are zwo 8GB DDR 3 RAM sticks from G.E.I.L. installed in the A0 and A1 slot.

T

On another post with similar issue Tonymac suggested changing the RAM bios setting to XMS, but I am not sure if this applies to your situation. Give it a try.

Hi Ninetto,

I'm not sure how to do that, any advise? Sorry, but I'm pretty new to building computers or even hackintoshing anything

T

ever tried to start the PC in windows with 1600 Mhz setting on your memory?
i got the same problem and had to do a bios flash

Dear kostatnt and ninetto,

thank you both very much for the hint. The problem ist solved and I got some 200 extra points in my Geekbench scores.

T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back