1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD5
CPU:
Intel Core i7-920
Graphics:
Radeon HD 4870

I was trying to install OS X 10.8.4. I followed the instructions correctly. (I think)
I downloaded OS X from the app-store, made the USB thing with UniBeast, and tried installing it on my comp. But before it could finish it said Installation Failed.
I have no idea what I did wrong.
Can anyone help me please?

Thanks,

10.8.4 installation failed.

Try proceeding as if the installation had completed succesfully. (Reboot -- keep your usb drive connected because you still need that bootloader -- and then at the Chimera menu choose the hard drive where you installed OS X.)

I think the installer give you an option to look at the installation log to see where things went wrong. But as I recall the "installation failed" message might not make a difference.

Try proceeding as if the installation had completed succesfully. (Reboot -- keep your usb drive connected because you still need that bootloader -- and then at the Chimera menu choose the hard drive where you installed OS X.)

I think the installer give you an option to look at the installation log to see where things went wrong. But as I recall the "installation failed" message might not make a difference.

I tried what you said but it didn't work.
I did get the installation logs though. As you can probably see there are three. 'All logs', 'Errors only', and 'Errors and progress'. I didn't know which to give you so I put all three.

View attachment Installer Log 11-Jul-2013_All-Logs.txt
View attachment Installer Log 11-Jul-2013_Errors-Only.txt
View attachment Installer Log 11-Jul-2013_Errors-Progress.txt

It looks like it's having trouble finding a package on your usb drive...maybe it's worth formatting it and building it with Unibeast again?

Maybe you could check to see if this file is even on your USB drive:
"/System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg"

It looks like it's having trouble finding a package on your usb drive...maybe it's worth formatting it and building it with Unibeast again?

Maybe you could check to see if this file is even on your USB drive:
"/System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg"

I can't 're-Unibeast' the drive again. The only other Mac I have is a Mini and it says the 10.8.4 OS X download isn't compatible or something like that.
So I'll just have to wait till I have access to another Mac. I know a few people who have one so I wont have to wait too long... :(

Well, if you had some spare time you could always start out by making a thumbdrive for whatever version you have access to on your MacMini. (Lion probably)

Install that on your Custom Mac, it'll only need to be working well enough to use the Finder and App Store to download the Mountain Lion Installer. Then make your new Mountain Lion unibeast drive.

I think that would work.

I just tried making the UniBeast drive again. It worked and so did the MountainLion installation. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back