Register

[SOLVED] 10.12.5 Z77 Pro3 GTX960 please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
i7
Graphics
GTX960
[SOLVED BELOW] Hi everyone, I've put in a a good few days trying to figure this out but I'm stumped and not sure how many more failed reboots my system can handle. I've read hundreds of threads (no exaggeration) so I've at least tried to figure this out on my own and I humbly ask your assistance.

I can boot up and Nvidia Web Drivers are enabled and cuda shows my GPU however the display resolution is always 1024x768 with no other options. I can only boot with the nv_disable=1 flag. System also shows my graphics card as "NVIDIA Chip Model 3 MB" rather than "...GTX 960 OC..."

I've installed a fresh copy of 10.12.5 using the guide here (twice now for good measure). I have an asrock z77 pro3 with an i5 3570k and a gtx960 using hdmi 2.0. (I know it won't support 4k@60hz but I should get at least 30hz right?)

- I've installed the latest web drivers (378.05.05.15f01) and cuda (8.0.783)
- I'me running latest clover r4077
- tried with nvda_drv=1 disabled + NvidiaWeb enabled (verified via txt editor too, tried all 4 variations)
- tried iMac14,2, MBP 9,2
- tried enabling EmuVariableUefi-64 driver
- Disabled SIP and ran CoreDisplay Patch and verified patched (mac-pixel-clock-patch-V2): (otool) Detected patched CoreDisplay on OS X 10.12.5 16F73.

Any thoughts is greatly appreciated.

[****SOLVED!!!****] - Turns out there is a setting in my bios called CSM that once disabled immediately resulted in POST using my entire 4k resolution and was able to complete boot. My settings as follows:

- Booting w/ clover 4077
- boot-args = dart=0 kext-dev-mode=1
- Disable all graphic Intel/Nvidia inject
- CsrActiveConfig = 0x67 (might not be needed)
- iMac14,2 w/ matching board-id
- NvidiaWeb = true

Last edited:
@pingram, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model and CPU.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Any thoughts is greatly appreciated.
At a guess you have integrated graphics enabled in your BIOS - Disable integrated and set PEG as primary,
or your config.plist is injecting Intel or an Intel ig-platform-id is specified.
Attach your config.plist

Last edited:
@pingram, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model and CPU.

Hi, ok, I figured out how to add a build signature but was kind of surprised to see that GTX960 was not listed, I know its old gen but was a very popular card, curious why it was left out.

At a guess you have integrated graphics enabled in your BIOS - Disable integrated and set PEG as primary,
or your config.plist is injecting Intel or an Intel ig-platform-id is specified.
Attach your config.plist

Thanks, yes I have integrated graphics built into this motherboard but disabled in bios by setting choice to PCIe (external card). Attached is my config.plist. I'm also using the iMac 14,2 model and board-id found from this list: https://gist.github.com/rtrouton/e6cf0f4064aea52fac2e5116c4b05f2e

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.2 KB · Views: 229
Hi the problem is I can't boot without nv_disable=1 and use my Nvidia card. HDMI @60hz support is another topic altogether and I'll gap that issue when i get there but I already also own an active dp1.2 to hdmi2.0 adaptor. Right now I'd even be happy with 4k @ 30hz, heck even 1080 would be better than what I get. 1024x768 is bad news, most windows are too large to access all the buttons.

Oh and my current connection is now using 100% DP1.2, not HDMI with same results. Can't boot unless I disable Nvidia.

I also have the latest Bios 2.10 for my mobo. I ran OSX in a virtual machine on the very same rig inside Linux with better performance and full 4k resolution support so I'm pretty shocked I can't get it to work natively.

[SOLVED, SEE FIRST THREAD]

Last edited:
Hi, pingram. I have z77 pro 3 and 2600k. Can you tell me which guide did you follow? Thank you!

The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.
@yuldong, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard (Mobo), CPU and Graphics Card.

Hi, pingram. I have z77 pro 3 and 2600k. Can you tell me which guide did you follow? Thank you!
pingram was last seen: Sep 14, 2017 ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back