Motherboard
GA-Z97-D3H
CPU
i5-4690
Graphics
GT 740
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Like a total idiot I tried updating without backing up... I went from 10.11.4 to 10.11.6 and it appeared to work but now end up on a boot loop (not full reboot) just get to apple logo, then bottom left corner loading bar, then little middle spinner for few seconds then black, then spinner, ad infinitum.

I can boot into safe mode so I'm hoping all it not lost, but I don't really have any idea what to do in safe mode.

I ran in verbose, link to verbose output below, I read a few posts where people had advised to turn off their serial ports, I have tried this but has made no difference. Is there a way to ring fence kexts to troubleshoot?

Any help much appreciated, even if its general things to try... my first thing if no one can help will be to remove the graphics card and try to get it going with onboard first...

Last thing, is anyone knows from looking, is it worth me trying a higher update with this kit list? I'm doubting it would be any better but if I am going to have to update at some point I might as well get it all done now maybe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like a total idiot I tried updating without backing up... I went from 10.11.4 to 10.11.6 and it appeared to work but now end up on a boot loop (not full reboot) just get to apple logo, then bottom left corner loading bar, then little middle spinner for few seconds then black, then spinner, ad infinitum.

I can boot into safe mode so I'm hoping all it not lost, but I don't really have any idea what to do in safe mode.

I ran in verbose, link to verbose output below, I read a few posts where people had advised to turn off their serial ports, I have tried this but has made no difference. Is there a way to ring fence kexts to troubleshoot?

Any help much appreciated, even if its general things to try... my first thing if no one can help will be to remove the graphics card and try to get it going with onboard first...

Last thing, is anyone knows from looking, is it worth me trying a higher update with this kit list? I'm doubting it would be any better but if I am going to have to update at some point I might as well get it all done now maybe.

Apologies for posting in wrong section, I would love any help with this problem

sZBfBL3ZuUqro7ORNKyBY9QQYl8iHqYR3C6EFtrkZPLNSLxkJm8SU2JHTqurnLF-NmsfO6t13IjmrAu8KyJNvtXygXMp1p4dPyS1fxqNfkg18Uyqhd1l5xZ-6r00swzq8eSm7yKIL37oxgqf2eUI24hjjZL_L7tFZN2wki-6iZB7dWYf0FR4Gbn4eEByOix_SqTfg5QtqtXIrfYPZjCw7reNsMC_dHQ_PNBtucL6R6qO4_K_kX6K0fz_874OhTZLlrrH-waA6bjLLSBoFwY-mQLGTCBO8xUJBCGIk5qvqUbQLo6mVT_clygyEromVDoWZ9c_cYMI-8eiRX-E7OK3nVx3r5ieVlFSbV2ffs6Gp260wA53iFqvb99G-wk180TKn-rTP_KnAeXrr_l4hy5rIri35JJfwugYZCTdFTTMB0YBQWKQXqpbf86fUJu45enviYe6dxp18lfQ0YaM6TkGWizbQTmzGc0_7_e0XQBNn-beLBFsWzXhUiew-V91gmqvqbusQwVwdFuTJzFf1HivMdAzr45OYclcJybSgBw8B1fdO04_bCwe56SgkrcgWpjfcrEvLO2CLAWnHEOrcgUkBTvCC526qQAp49EHHm1V=w1183-h887-no

Serial.png

Serial ports (SuperIO) should be disabled in BIOS settings.

Thanks, I did mention above that I tried that but it didn't make any difference.

does anything else jump out at you as weird or is there any other troubleshooting advice you could give me?

I fixed it...

After checking more and more solves for other people's similar issues I tried booting with
and then reinstalled the nvidia once in using the teary OSX graphics drivers. all seems to be working now, PS CC is actually better than in 10.11.6 and ableton 10 worked with no fiddling which means audio works with no fiddling.

Happy days.

I will do a carbon copy next time...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back