Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Other
Hi,

This is just a heads up regarding support for 3rd party software.
I recently (2 months ago) purchased Paragon Harddisk Manager for Mac.

I installed and registered it.... but it would NOT work at all.
The disk scan phase which is required for all functions of software to work would NOT run.
At least it might be running...but it never completes and the only way to quit the software is with a Force Quit.

I logged a ticket (eventually) and uploaded the debug logs... and the moment they saw Clover they essentially said they do not provide support on non standard hardware.

Now i do realize that technically a Hackintosh is not official hardware... but doing some disk scanning and finding out drive information is NOT an extreme usage case. It should have been able to complete that simple task.

Anyway... just be wary of giving your money to this software company.

Has anyone else had issues with software (and support) ?
Might be a good idea to create a thread of software that does/does not work.

Perhaps someone else out there IS running the Harddisk Manager successfully?

Cheers

I just downloaded their software and installed it without errors. Ran it and it worked as far as I would let it. I'm impressed with all the options it has including the sector editing! I haven't seen that in a disk checking program in two decades...

Sorry, but it ran fine on my machine, in the 10 day trial mode. It even looked at my Win 10 disk as well.

Hi,

The disk scan phase which is required for all functions of software to work would NOT run.
At least it might be running...but it never completes and the only way to quit the software is with a Force Quit.

I logged a ticket (eventually) and uploaded the debug logs... and the moment they saw Clover they essentially said they do not provide support on non standard hardware.

Now i do realize that technically a Hackintosh is not official hardware... but doing some disk scanning and finding out drive information is NOT an extreme usage case. It should have been able to complete that simple task.

Cheers
Have only used Paragon NTFS which works fine in 10.12.6 and 10.13 beta

Hi,

Cheers
Was thinking of buying their EXT4 driver a few months back but it was slow, not native speed as advertised. They do offer a free trial which is nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back