Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Just been cruising ebay.co.uk and came across this listing.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hackintos...esktops_CV&hash=item19c70eb56e#ht_2318wt_1122

Interesting eh?

Took me a while to figure it out, but then it clicked. It is basically it's two G5 fronts separated, joined together and then cut to make the backs.

Nicer solution than trying to patch up two round fan holes don't you think?

If it is you who did this, nice one. :thumbup:

dont forget PSYSTAR :eek: , apple will :evil:

hacman said:
dont forget PSYSTAR :eek: , apple will :evil:
True.....

But he makes it clear that OSX is not installed. Anyway, not really the point. Just think it is a different way of modding.

whoever did this did a hell of a nice job ..... I've got something similar going and can attest to the work involved in grafting a G5 front onto a G5 back.

61mg73 said:
whoever did this did a hell of a nice job ..... I've got something similar going and can attest to the work involved in grafting a G5 front onto a G5 back.

Yeah but didn't he actually just unscrew the nuts and bolts, drill the rivets and then just bolt two fronts together, back to back and then make new holes for everything? It's still not simple......

minihack said:
61mg73 said:

Yeah but didn't he actually just unscrew the nuts and bolts, drill the rivets and then just bolt two fronts together, back to back and then make new holes for everything? It's still not simple......

Yepp, Looks like that's what he did; less patching (just the rear ODD slot) for sure but still some work you have to do doing it this way.

I don't think that the seller will make a lot of money from this sale considering the PC parts' costs plus the cost of two G5s...

BTW: I think he's referring to http://www.osx86project.org/ in the description, so I don't think that he's aware of Tony's method. I for one would refer buyers directly to the TonyMacX86 forums to give them the best and smoothest start without a lot of research. :thumbup: :headbang:

flatfoot said:
minihack said:
61mg73 said:

Yepp, Looks like that's what he did; less patching (just the rear ODD slot) for sure but still some work you have to do doing it this way.

I don't think that the seller will make a lot of money from this sale considering the PC parts' costs plus the cost of two G5s...

BTW: I think he's referring to http://www.osx86project.org/ in the description, so I don't think that he's aware of Tony's method. I for one would refer buyers directly to the TonyMacX86 forums to give them the best and smoothest start without a lot of research. :thumbup: :headbang:

+1

This is certainly the most active forum for G5 mod.s and more user friendly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back