Contribute
Register

So my third monitor isn't turning on with the new pascal drivers...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Asrock z170 Extreme 4
CPU
Graphics
Msi gtx 1080 gaming x
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
As seen in the title, I am using a gtx 1080 and I'm sure the three monitors work as I dual boot my system to windows and they work in perfect harmony together. I understand this is the first driver for the gpu, but am new to the hackintosh realm so im puzzled why this is happening, and have no clue if this can be resolved.

Please help otherwise ill have no hair left,

thanks!

I also have a 1080 with 3 monitors running fine. One of them was not working at first try, it was connected through Display Port. I had to unplug the cable from both ends and replug it while at desktop.

ahhh okay, was this when Sierra was on?

I also have a 1080 with 3 monitors running fine. One of them was not working at first try, it was connected through Display Port. I had to unplug the cable from both ends and replug it while at desktop.
was this when Sierra was running?

I just tried and it didnt work unfortunately

Last edited by a moderator:
@kierancoyne, please update your profile (personal details) with your build (Motherboard or Model, CPU and Graphics Card).
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

You haven't really stated what happens so it's harder to troubleshoot. "Three monitors isn't working" is pretty vague. Does one monitor work but the other two don't? Anyway, some suggestions from poking through the firehose of forum posts:
- if you're using SMBIOS macpro6,1 or imac15,1 or imac17,1 you may need some version of AGDPFix
- you may need to change bios settings, set OS to "other os" and/or disable CSM
- you may need to change bios settings to set iGPU disabled or your discrete GPU primary
- you may need to hot plug monitors (after the first monitor) at the desktop, that is, boot up with one monitor turned on
- you may need to change the displayport-connected monitor (if you have one) to v1.1 in monitor prefs (v1.2 may not work well)

You haven't really stated what happens so it's harder to troubleshoot. "Three monitors isn't working" is pretty vague. Does one monitor work but the other two don't? Anyway, some suggestions from poking through the firehose of forum posts:
- if you're using SMBIOS macpro6,1 or imac15,1 or imac17,1 you may need some version of AGDPFix
- you may need to change bios settings to set iGPU disabled or your discrete GPU primary
- you may need to hot plug monitors (after the first monitor) at the desktop, that is, boot up with one monitor turned on
- you may need to change the displayport-connected monitor (if you have one) to v1.1 in monitor prefs (v1.2 may not work well)
When I stated that the monitor isnt working, I was referring to that the monitor does not respond or acknowledge my third monitor, so is in standby constantly as if it were not connected at all (which I have tested booting window that the monitor functions perfectly with another OS).

With reference to your troubleshooting suggestions, are there any tutorials as to do the aforementioned? I am relatively new to the hackintosh community, but am perfectly competent with computers, only terms such as SMBIOS I am not familiar with.
Also, when you say to change bios settings to igpu Im sure I havent seen this in my bios settings before, unless you mean through Clover. Nevertheless, I will try what you said but If you could be as kind as to link me a source to learn about SMBIOS it would be greatly appreciated.

As for your second suggestion I will try in a second. And for your last suggestion, the monitor experiencing issues is not capable of displaying via DP, but the cable I am using since I last posted I have tested by swapping out for a standard HDMI, and the problem persists.

I have tried hot plugging the monitors, and when doing so at the desktop the monitor refuses to respond, however when forcing the boot onto the monitor that isnt responding and then plugging in other monitors, the "main boot screen" (with the apple logo) switches and the monitor goes back to standby and refuses to respond again

I have changed the definition of my mac from an Mac mid 2013, to the mac pro 6.1 and now when on the apple boot logo about half way loading the main monitor turns off and doesnt turn back on. This means there is no way of me accessing the OS. I saw somewhere it is because of amd graphics? but I am unsure how I can get my computer to boot again and that I can see what is going on.

I have tried to boot by typing GraphicsEnable=yes in the settings in the Boot Args line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back