i7-9700KF
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
kevinallen said:
i got everything working great in snow leopard, but then i stupidly decided to install lion. it installs fine. no issues at all. dont even have to type any codes at boot to reach the installer.

after installation i try booting through the usb and i just get KP. ive tried this about 6 times in the last 3 days and its all the same. i cant even get to the desk top. so im curious how everyone else is doing it

I made 3 partitions on my hard disk when I installed Snow Leopard, one for Snow Leopard, the other initially for a clone backup (which ended up being used for Lion) and a data partition.

I use xMove to install Lion on the second partition (that was before UniBeast) and now I have a system that can boot both Snow Leopard and Lion.

kevinallen said:
I've tried using xmove. Fails. Everything fails lol its me mad. And I'd do the 3 partitions thing if my drive was bigger its only 1tb

I am using a 1TB hard drive as my boot drive.

xMove has not been updated for some time and may not work properly with the most recent version (10.7.3) of the Lion installer.

Well, since you say you were able to install Snow Leopard, why not reinstall it? If you want Lion as well then make 2 partitions, one for Snow Leopard and the other for Lion. Then install Snow Leopard. Once Snow Leopard is working you can then go on to install Lion in the other partition. Even if it fails you can start again without losing Snow Leopard.

I used a physically separate hard drive for the lion installer. Once this is all up and running I use the motherboard boot options to choose which one to boot. I followed the instructions to make bootable USB and multibeast. Works perfectly (including wireless to my surprise)

I had followed Unibeast method.

1. had problem with "waiting for root device" ... [discovered via -s -v flags to the kernel]. had to update the bios and flip/flop some settings to get this working.
2. had problems with the install app not coming [white screen + mouse cursor ... ] this i nicked by going to a well known graphics card.
3. lion post install went smoothly.
4. multibeast was a few circles around the block, in that i had used a user DSDT method having a "faulty" DSDT file. when i finally opted for easybeast it at least booted correctly.
5. network + video drivers install and i had everything without sound [well not counting a a few items]

now i can't seem to boot after doing a sleep from OSX. Weird. Haven't cracked that yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back